Menu

HSBC- Top Secret Adventures

Elfknitter.#

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/tsa-world-tour/?c=1

We're looking to focus on geography and the fact that you receive all 26 kits at once is very appealing. It would be a fun way to supplement the other materials I have for the monkeys. However it's still quite a bit of change! :eek: I know I've read some positive reviews in the past. For those who used it, do you feel this is a good deal?

I bought a bunch of the books at the local library's bag sale-They're good, but I'm not sure they're $176.00 worth of good. I've also gotten most of the Which Way USA books and maps from Goodwill, so you might want to check the second hand market.

And having dealt with frequent solicitation calls from Highlights after subscribing my DD to their magazine, I'm not sure that I'd recommend ANYONE buy anything from them-they've just plain been annoying, and since I had a relationship with them, the Do Not Call act doesn't apply. We;re not renewing our subscription, mostly just due to the annoyance factor.

Here is our experience.

I got most of ours at a used curriculum sale for cheap. They were missing the puzzle but I didn't mind. I hunted for the rest on the internet used sites (for days!) I used them for a world geography and culture study last year. I liked them. I didn't luuve them.

The Guidebooks are filled with great information and beautiful pictures but my dd8 describes them as "boring".

The puzzlebooks were good and fun but there are only so many different kinds of puzzles. (and between you and me some were a little hard for an 8 year old, even though mine is an advanced reader). And I stopped using them not very far into our year last year and just continued on with countries using books/videos from the library and the internet. I just had her look through the guidebook and occasionally she would do a puzzle if it looked interesting.

I am keeping them to re-visit later when she is older.

Something to consider.. They are hard to find (intact) on the used market for any sort of a "decent" price. You don't usually see intact kits for less than $10 each. On top of that, some countries are VERY rare to find!! You can often find the Guidebooks or puzzle books at Goodwill but not the whole thing. And I've seen them on ebay intact (but not cheap, WAAY not cheap:).

So with HSBC you do know what you are getting (new, no writing, everything there, etc) and they are only $6.77 each (and is that ppd?)

So if you decide that these are for you, the HSBC is a good deal, IMHO.

Hope this helps!

Lori

I didn't even know about the deal until you posted about it. I've been looking at it a lot this afternoon. I know my dd would LOVE it. She is majorly into detective/spy stuff (she *is* a spy...she even has business cards :lol: ). I'm not sure what I'll do. Right now the HSBC deal is at 15% off....$231.18 (plus you have to add on the shipping and the fee :glare: ). I would maybe consider it if it gets down to the very lowest they'll go (and even that is a bit much for me). Buuuuuttt...so far there are only 9 ordered and 9 conditional orders. What is the likelyhood that they'll hit 150 orders in the next 13 days?? :sad:

Did you see Angela's review at her Satori Smiles blog?

I didn't even know about the deal until you posted about it. I've been looking at it a lot this afternoon. I know my dd would LOVE it. She is majorly into detective/spy stuff (she *is* a spy...she even has business cards :lol: ). I'm not sure what I'll do. Right now the HSBC deal is at 15% off....$231.18 (plus you have to add on the shipping and the fee :glare: ). I would maybe consider it if it gets down to the very lowest they'll go (and even that is a bit much for me). Buuuuuttt...so far there are only 9 ordered and 9 conditional orders. What is the likelyhood that they'll hit 150 orders in the next 13 days?? :sad:

Did you see Angela's review at her Satori Smiles blog?

:iagree: My feelings exactly. That's why I decided to try asking.

I did look at Angela's blog and it didn't help. :tongue_smilie:

• 2 weeks later...