Menu

Rosetta Stone Russian?

My oldest daughter used it and it was good enough for us. We weren't trying to do college level work, or test out of college. She had done a children's class in Russian when she was in 6th grade so she knew the alphabet and a few phrases.

We used the lesson plans that MFW has for it to add to the program to make it "high school class". We added in the extras they have in the lesson plan appendix. Among those suggestions were listening to children's book in target language, so we bought some children's story picture book with audio cd read along from this place

http://www.adoptedfromrussia.com/russianlullabies.html

and got a Russian Children's Bible from MFW

info on that is here

http://www.russianchildrensbible.org/index.php#view

to order it, either call MFW, or there's a way to click on MFW's rosetta stone page for it too... pick Russian and there's a new pop up box for it.

That way I felt like we had living books to use with the program. and the other suggestions in the RS lesson plan appendix and all of that. It was helpful with those plans knowing MFW had a high school Spanish teacher write them, and that MFW has the connection with Russia from when the authors of MFW were missionaries there. They liked using RS to help their children learn Russia after moving back to US.

My dd learned to hold small conversations with others who could speak Russian. (we was able to talk to Carol Reynolds at a homeschool convention for example.) and we didn't even have a regular tutor to practice with.

I was happy with RS for high school and my daughter seem to pick it up as least as well as I learned foreign language in high school and first year college.

-crystal