Menu

Super Duper Publications Sale

rafiki

I have the following products for ds7:

Question Challenge - excellent for targeting social skills and problem solving.

HearBuilder Auditory Memory - ds doesn't struggle with memory but I found it to be great for his listening skills.

Body Awareness Fun Deck

Social Skills Chipper Chat - can target listening, social and problem solving skills.

Some of the other items our SLP has used with ds our the Problem Solving Activities book, practicing pragmatics fun deck, Positive Pragmatics worksheets

Wish List Items

Critical Thinking Take Along

Sequencing Events in Stories

Basic Proofing and Editing

Social Inference fun deck

Hear Builder Sequencing fun deck

Edited by Jennifer-72

My ds has SPD both under and over in different areas. He is very sensory seeking physically. He also has very low muscle tone overall. I need core/back/upper body strength exercises. I also need calming activities for him throughout the day. Plus activities to help him focus.

I have The Out of Sync Child has fun along with Growing an In Sync Child and both are full of activities. I've been wanting to write out the activities on index cards and putting them in a box. Of course they wouldn't be as cute as the Fun Kits. :)

What do you think would be the best bang for my buck? He really likes yoga so I was thinking the yoga cards.

I got the Yogarilla cards thinking that I would use them with DD3, and just hoping to pull DD9 in now and then (I thought DD9 would think they were too "babyish"), and it turns out DD9 loves them too. I haven't managed to use them in what I think of as a constructive way but we pick out a few cards and do the poses when DD9's getting squirmy.

• 4 weeks later...

We just received our order with the following:

- HearBuilder Auditory Memory (I first looked at this after I saw it recommended by Jennifer :)).

We don't have auditory memory issues here either but I also felt it would be good practice for listening skills since we are not an auditory family. We had tried the demo with my oldest and I had the poor boy wait for a while before I got it. He is enjoying it right now :D.

- Webber Figurative Language CD-Rom

We probably only need about 50% of this (famous words and proverbs, metaphors and similes) but I still felt it was worth the price since the boys can work on these on the computer, on their own.

We also got the following fun decks:

- What Would You Do in the Community If...

- What Would You Do at Home If...

I just saved $40 with the sale. Did anyone else take advantage of the recent sale :)?

Now I am just waiting on Linguisystems to have a sale ;). Last year they had it in November. I have one or two items to get from there also.

Edited by Guest

i purchased

the processing program level 1

basic concept and vocabulary round up

vocabulary and syntax round up

i saved almost 30 dollars and the processing program was half price so i really got a good deal. the round up books come with cds and have tons of flashcards. i plan to use them to help build his language comphrension and for matching, coloring sorting etc. i really want to try some of the decks next. i would have never known about this company if it wasn't for you ladies here so thanks!

My oldest is finishing up the basic level of HearBuilder Auditory Memory. He started it today but since daddy is off and it is our weekend, we let him work on that while we are still unpacking and getting organized from our recent move :tongue_smilie:. He has been doing great so far (this is the easy level ;)), with the "memory for WH information" being a bit of a challenge. Earlier this year he worked on the Webber WH Inference Question Cards (on the computer). It was great only he finished it in a day getting 98% on two and 100% on the rest. It was a bit too easy for him but should be great for my little guy when he is ready for it. Anyway, I really wanted my oldest to work in this area and HearBuilder Auditory Memory is working on that too. So far, well worth the price :D.

After we opened our box and my oldest saw the catalog he said "mom, can we slowly get everything Super Duper sells?"? :lol: Yeah, my kids love anything computer related and visual. I have a long wish list but doubt I can afford to get everything, now or in the future. I have to admit though, that Super Duper is great for my visual/ tactile kids.

I really like the MagneTalk kits! Has anyone used any of those? They cover various skills and I can see them being really useful for both my boys. Anyone have any reviews? I am considering adding a kit to our Christmas list :).

I really like the MagneTalk kits! Has anyone used any of those? They cover various skills and I can see them being really useful for both my boys. Anyone have any reviews? I am considering adding a kit to our Christmas list :).

Our slp used them with ds. Barrier games are fantastic for working on so many targets.

We have the match up around the world, double barrier set. It's not only been a hit with my youngest, but the older two ask to "play" it with us. Super Duper rocks when it comes to quality and storage of their products. This one comes in its own tote bag with a large vinyl zipper bag for the magnetic pieces.

Thank you Michele :)! I have to say, I am pretty impressed with the quality also. We only have some of the cards but the metal boxes have been great for storage. Thank you for the recommendation. I might just go for the Match-Up Adventures Kit (with barrier) and just take something else off my Christmas list. My oldest is getting K'Nex for his birthday in October and a Meccano (called Erector in the US) kit, so I should have some room to add something different to the mix, for Christmas. I'm already working on my Christmas list :lol:.

Edited by Guest

Our slp used them with ds. Barrier games are fantastic for working on so many targets.

:thumbup: That's what I was thinking also! It's beginning to sound better and better, especially now that I know I have yours and Michele's seal of approval :)!

Hmmm... Around the World looks good too! I am thinking I can add that for my little guy's birthday in January. The boys have just started playing together and these would be great for them to interact more. They love anything visual/ tactile. That's another thing I love about Super Duper. The age ranges will make it possible for my kids to play together. With 5+ years age difference, there's not much I have found for them to play together while helping both of them build on certain skills at the same time, in some way.

Edited by Guest