Menu

Who is in Hampton Roads area of VA?

We are looking for parents of 11/12/13 year olds homeschooling the classical method in the Chesapeake, Norfolk or Virginia Beach area. We got on board too late to effectively be part of our classical conversations community -- so we are hoping to start up some kind of weekly group for our daughter. Anyone interested? Math, drawing, science...book club? We are open to ideas.

We are looking for parents of 11/12/13 year olds homeschooling the classical method in the Chesapeake, Norfolk or Virginia Beach area. We got on board too late to effectively be part of our classical conversations community -- so we are hoping to start up some kind of weekly group for our daughter. Anyone interested? Math, drawing, science...book club? We are open to ideas.

I'm in Suffolk :)

To those who have already posted, thank you. Bummer you guys are in either Suffolk or the Peninsula...we are in Chesapeake. Yes, I am part of HSinHR yahoo group but no one bit on my request for middle school get together... I'm still looking. Have a great school year!

To those who have already posted, thank you. Bummer you guys are in either Suffolk or the Peninsula...we are in Chesapeake. Yes, I am part of HSinHR yahoo group but no one bit on my request for middle school get together... I'm still looking. Have a great school year!

I'm sorry no one bit, it takes time though trust me, it takes time.

If you can get one other person to meet up with you that will help then others aren't so reluctant to do something else.

I don't know that I remember if I saw your message, but I've been out of the loop for a month since my dad passed away.

There is a monthly moms support group of local WTM users that meets the 3rd Monday of each month (so next week!) at 7:00 at the Barnes & Noble across from Greenbrier Mall.

There are several groups I know of you might be interested in, I can bring the info to the meeting. Most of us in the group have middle schoolers (plus older/younger siblings).

Hope to see you there! :)

Shameless hijack: we want to go to Va Beach for the day. Any tips on where to park?

Sorry to change the subject, but with you HR ladies posting here, I couldn't resist. Send me a PM if you are so inclimed.

I went yesterday and parked at the public parking garage on the corner of 30th&Atlantic. Its right in front of the 31st stage and the huge king Neptune statue. Its also the parking for the Hilton. Its $10. Have fun!

I went yesterday and parked at the public parking garage on the corner of 30th&Atlantic. Its right in front of the 31st stage and the huge king Neptune statue. Its also the parking for the Hilton. Its $10. Have fun!

Thank you so much! I need to walk in the sand. And my soul is fed at the edge of the ocean. We used to go to the OBX for a week each year. Now I've been reduced to one day at Va. Beach. I am not complaining. I look forward to it! And now that I don't have to worry about parking? Bliss! (Well, I hope there is an open spot!)

Thank you so much! I need to walk in the sand. And my soul is fed at the edge of the ocean. We used to go to the OBX for a week each year. Now I've been reduced to one day at Va. Beach. I am not complaining. I look forward to it! And now that I don't have to worry about parking? Bliss! (Well, I hope there is an open spot!)

Are you going during the week or weekend? If the weekend I would probably try to get there early but during the week I've never had a problem. I didn't get there till 11am yesterday and there was plenty of parking. There is also a fairly clean public restroom right by the beach. Important when you a staying re all day :)