Menu

Quality paper?

Where do you find quality paper???

I need all types- college ruled for me, printer paper, writing paper for my 6 year old, index cards, cardstock, construction paper, drawing paper for DD.... we're on a very tight budget, (who isn't?!!? :lol:) so my purchases have to count, and I'm so tired of buying a package of construction paper (index cards, writing paper, drawing paper, etc.) only to find that it is as thin as tissue paper!!

I mean, she's 6, she I don't necessarily need super high artist quality stuff, but I'll find the money in the budget for paper that will feed into her creativity, not discourage her from it!! :glare: (even if that means I'm taking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school for lunch this semester... :tongue_smilie:)

Is there some sort of labeling on the package that I don't know about that will tell me?

Or just tell me what brands you like. That works too. :D

I definitely know what you mean: the last index "cards" I opened up were more like index "paper". (Mead index cards still seem to be a weight that's acceptable to me.) Same thing w/ construction paper. Actually when I can, I prefer to buy pkgs of mixed color printer paper or even cheap cardstock over construction paper as it usually holds up much better and is often acid-free -- nice for longevity

For printer paper, it's easy. You want a minimum of 20lb, and I like at least 92 brightness. I really prefer 24lb paper but for the quantity we go through (and what it's used for -- math problem, paper airplanes, drawing that aren't "to keep") 20 lb works and is affordable.

If it doesn't list a weight, you can assume it's less than 20 lb and you don't want it.

Michael's and Hobby Lobby have coupons in the paper or online that you can print out. I have bought drawing pads and that sort of thing with a coupon, usually 40% off.

Have you checked out Miller Pads and Paper? They have just about everything you'd need. I have never ordered from them, but have bought from them at our local hsing convention. They have LOTS of other products besides just paper...drawing books, art curriculum, craft supplies, etc. Check them out! HTH

Michael's and Hobby Lobby have coupons in the paper or online that you can print out. I have bought drawing pads and that sort of thing with a coupon, usually 40% off.

:iagree: We use these coupons to purchase pads of art paper and notebooks with high quality art paper for art and journaling.

That's also where I buy my construction paper. I just pay attention to the weight of the paper when buying it.