Menu

Traditional Logic I - dvds needed?

Because I did not have logic myself I appreciated the DVD's. They are boring in my kids humble opinons but they do teach the material well.

Do you know if they remade these? I would love to sell mine as my children are all done with this course. I only ended up using the DVDs with one student but it was 5 or 6 years ago. Is he still wearing the tan suit, lol?

Thanks,

Do you know if they remade these? I would love to sell mine as my children are all done with this course. I only ended up using the DVDs with one student but it was 5 or 6 years ago. Is he still wearing the tan suit, lol?

Thanks,

Tan suit in my dvds--3 years old.

Dd loved the dvds for the first course. I was on a economy kick for the second half. No dvds and no problems with the course as explained in the text.

My ds hated the first half. Won't do the second. Adores Fallacy Detective.

Personally I thought the dvds were really boring but explained really well. If you are nervous about the course I would get them.

I'm thinking of using Traditional Logic I with my 8th grader (once we finish Fallacy Detective - we already finished Thinking Toolbox). I was wondering if it is something that he/we can do without the dvds or would they be a big help and worth the extra cost?

Thanks,

Angela

I had never studied logic, and I went through TL I with ds without the DVDs. It was challenging at times, but we managed to figure things out.

I went back and forth with this decision, and finally decided to buy them for my 9th grader. She'll be starting them in 2 weeks. I mainly did this because dd is going to have to do this course independently. I thought when questions arose it would make it easier for ME if dvd's were available. We'll give it some time, and I'll post later about my review of them for our situation.

HTH,

Jennifer