Menu

We got our resluts back from testing

Thankfully it was nothing I wasn't expecting.

Older DD does not have a LD but does have ADHD-I, GAD and is at risk for depression. We start therapy this week which is going to be a LONG road. I was suprised at how badly she sees herself. We will be going to the Dr this week to address medication therapy as well. Her working memory was borderline. I was told once we address the ADHD-I that should improve. All her tests came back average :) so mainly we just have mental health issues to address.

Younger DD is officailly DX with ASD-Aspergers [the ADHD and ODD dx fall under the ASD dx]. Her test scores were all over the place. I was told this is typical with kids that have Aspergers. I was not expecting her IQ to be as high as it is. Kinda scares me. We will continue with the Daytrana patch and I am currently looking for a social skills group for her.

I am so glad I did the testing. I know now I am now making things up in my head and I am NOT a bad parent :) Our psyc said I hit the "kid lottery" with my 2 girls. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Aspiemom

I have a child with Aspergers and tried the Daytrana patch, he ended up having a really bad psychotic episode, and they were diagnosing him with Schizophrenia. I thought it was the meds and we took him off the Daytrana and slowly he got back to where he was. That was about 4 yrs ago, he is 17 now and they want to try the Vyvanse, but it really scares me after his episode with the Daytrana.