Menu

Question about Magic School Bus Science Club

MiniBlondes

My DD's have always loved Magic School Bus and I'm considering getting a subscription to their monthly club. If not this year, then possibly next year. But I'm curious about the format. So they send you a 'kit' once a month? Is the kit intended for daily use? Is it a 'curriculum' or just a box of experiments? Is it a curriculum or a supplement?

Thank you! :)

I think they send a kit every month--I've been looking into it for my kids who are also Magic School Bus fans.

In case you haven't seen it, Homeschool Buyer's Co-op has a deal where you can subscribe to the club for 50% off.

Yeah I know... that's what I've been looking at, too. :tongue_smilie:

I just didn't know if it was a box full of experiments or is it an actual curriculum?

Yeah I know... that's what I've been looking at, too. :tongue_smilie:

I just didn't know if it was a box full of experiments or is it an actual curriculum?

I did one of their kits with my oldest several years ago. There is teaching included, if that is what you mean by curriculum. Each kit is about a particular theme--I think we did one on germs? Can't quite remember, it's been too long. I don't think I would call it a complete curriculum but it's way more exciting than most book style curricula.

I receive their Science Club kits each month. My friend does as well. I don't use mine for our science curriculum (we use apologia). My friend incorporates them into their science, but she hasn't done all of them yet (neither have I--holding off for rainy days, I suppose).

My friend did do a few over the summer and called it "Science Camp".

They cover a broad spectrum of science. I could easily see it being the only science done for younger children, but my 4th grader would need more...