Menu

Jeans for a slender young teen

My dd13 is very slender but recently had a growth spurt -- her arms and legs are suddenly much longer! Her 12 slim jeans are too short. Problem is, 14 slim jeans are way too big around the waist/hips (she is very narrow through the waist/hips). Any suggestions of brands that accommodate this kind of shape? I was built the exact same way; she's going to be late bloomer like I was, much to her chagrin.

Okay, moms of skinny minnies -- tell me where to start looking.

Thanks, ladies! She used to like Justice a lot but has sort of outgrown the "sparkly" stuff. Maybe they have plain jeans too. I'll check it out! I'll check out Aeropostale, too. I actually buy *my* jeans there. I thought they run big (I'm a 1/2 there, which cannot possibly be right... I think I'm more like a 4), but maybe a 0 in a "skinny" style would work.

Thanks, ladies! She used to like Justice a lot but has sort of outgrown the "sparkly" stuff. Maybe they have plain jeans too. I'll check it out! I'll check out Aeropostale, too. I actually buy *my* jeans there. I thought they run big (I'm a 1/2 there, which cannot possibly be right... I think I'm more like a 4), but maybe a 0 in a "skinny" style would work.

We don't do sparkly either, and they do have some plain ones.

Try a size 0 in Aeropostale or American Eagle. They're tiny but you can get them in different lengths, too.

They make 00 too, which is even smaller. Take a look at the size charts at several of these teen/tween stores. I was amazed at the dramatic differences in inseam length for the same waist size - it varied as much as 4" between stores. The down side is that your days of adjustable elastic waists might be over...

Hmm...American Eagle might be a better fit, then. I'm about 95lbs and wear a 2 comfortably loose there, though could wear a 1 without issues. My Aeropostales fits about the same.