Menu

Dr. Hive--Rash (pictures) ??

My 8 year old has a rash. It's mottled/lacy/raised a bit and on his cheeks, arms, and legs. I see a bit on his lower back too and behind his ears. It does not itch. He's acting fine (playing, feeling good) and has no fever. His twin ran a low grade fever yesterday (100) and complained of a headache if that matters.

Worrisome or not? I have to pay 100% to take him to the doctor so I don't want to do that for "nothing". Ignore the background mess. We were going to paint.

Most of it looks like this:

100_1623.jpg

Parts (spots on both arms and one leg) look like this:

100_1619.jpg

Edited by sbgrace

I would have him drinking lots of water.

B/c it doesn't itch, I might wait a few hours or another day to see what is going on.

So, no, right now I wouldn't call the doc's office.

Has he eaten anything with perhaps something in it that he hasn't had before and this is a reaction - sheets washed in something new?

The fact that he doesn't seem to be uncomfortable would make me wait.

Fifth's disease, maybe?

I wondered about that. We've not had it before to my knowledge.

MariannNOVA, Nothing new here in food or detergent but we did recently move. I have an allergy kid. That child's hives come and go. This has been a stable rash and the lack of itching too made me think not allergies. I may just not want to "see" allergies in this child!

Looks like Fifths Disease/slap cheek to me. My kids all had it awhile back. They really didn't act that sick either. If it is then it is really not a big deal. Just stay away from pregnant women. At his age it shouldn't be that bad. My younger dd had the rash for weeks, but she has very sensitive skin.