Menu

Ideas to go with Math Mammoth...to make it fun

daisylynn

After much review and some great advice on here, I've decided to go with Math Mammoth. But I'm wondering if I should get something to go along with it to make it more fun for my two 1st graders. Actually, they are 5 and 6 years old, but my 5 year old will be doing 1st grade instead of K (he did K with my son last year and breezed through it.)

I want to make it fun for them and am worried that MM won't be 'fun' enough. I've heard people recommend Right Start math games (how do I even order that) . I've also thought about the pattern blocks (like they have on MFW.)

If you have a 1st grader in MM, what do you add to it to make it more fun? I have a 3rd grader that will be doing it to, but not as concerned about the fun factor for her.

Thank you!

Edited by daisylynn

Math Mammoth has many game suggestions in front of each section. We play those games. My dd particularly enjoys "Let's Go Hiding." My kids also play the card games. I'd recommend you buy cuisenaire rods, a dry erase board/markers and a pack of cards. Use MM for a few weeks and then decide what else you want to buy.

Math Mammoth has many game suggestions in front of each section. We play those games. My dd particularly enjoys "Let's Go Hiding." My kids also play the card games. I'd recommend you buy cuisenaire rods, a dry erase board/markers and a pack of cards. Use MM for a few weeks and then decide what else you want to buy.

:iagree:

If you use all the games she suggests, you'll most likely not have to supplement.