Menu

SOTW 1 activity book - do I want the newer edition?

Mothersweets

I suspect it doesn't matter - the coloring pages aren't mandatory if your girls don't like them. The chapters haven't changed much from the original edition for the textbook itself, so you could probably just purchase the newer activity book and never really notice the difference. Or you could purchase the original activity book and a set of the student pages for the revised version if you're not happy with the quality of the coloring pages.

I think if you are going to buy anything in the updated version it should be the AG.

It isn't just the coloring pages that were updated. It was all of the graphics and layout.

So the maps are much better, as are the coloring pages. In the old activies there were sometimes pages that had the instructions and the thing for the kid to use all on the same page, but in the newer one these are almost always separate (and have better graphics). Also many of the activies have updated graphics as well (although as far as I can remember they are all the same activies).

It doesn't matter much, but the newer AG is better (on the other hand use what ever text, CD's, or tests you want). The actual words of the text and chapters haven't changed at all, the only differences were to formatting and graphics.

Edited by Mallory

I was given old edition Activity Guide 1, and I used successfully with new edition of the Volume 1 text.

However, I'm using updated versions of Volume 2 text and AG this year, and I do like the maps and pictures sooo much better. I am contemplating buying sets of student pages for Volume 1 for future use.

Like I said, I received my AG 1 from a friend who bought it and didn't use it, so if you have an opportunity to use an older edition to save money, it will work fine. I wonder if the additional reading lists were updated at all? Either way, the older edition lists worked fine for me last year.

Hope this helps!