Menu

Theological focus of Lamplighter books?

Juniper

I was looking at these today and cannot decide if I want to get one to try reading as a read aloud. My hesitancy is with the theological and ideological nature.

I have found that I do like quite a bit of older children's literature. What concerns me is that I think I remember some connection to Vision Forum and that makes me uncomfortable.

Any thoughts? I know this is somewhat vague, but I am not completely sure how to word this. :confused:

I head back tomorrow to take another look.

This is their mission statement: http://www.lamplighterpublishing.com/Mission.asp They also have a link to their values.

Yes, I read it. :) He also has quotes from Chesterton and quotes Fenelon on his blog, so I am a bit confused as to what actually comes through in the content of the books.

I hope that makes sense! :D

Yes, I read it. :) He also has quotes from Chesterton and quotes Fenelon on his blog, so I am a bit confused as to what actually comes through in the content of the books.

I hope that makes sense! :D

I meant to quote, Kiana. That was weird! :)

No, I was trying to make some sort of decision today while I was at the conference.

Has anyone who is Anglican, Catholic, or Eastern Orthodox read these and have any specific reflections.

I have heard Mark Hamby speak at a conference. He specifically said that he is against patriarchy. He gave his reasons, all very valid. He said there is no biblical evidence for fathers trying to be like Abraham, but they should be striving to be like Jesus.

Lamplighter does not have any affiliation with Vision Forum as far as I know.

I have read several Lamplighter books and would definitely recommend them.

If you get a chance to hear Mark Hamby speak in person or get his lectures on CD it would be well worth it. I think it would also put your mind at ease about buying from Lamplighter.