Menu

I'm gaining weight on LCHF.

I lost 7 pounds the first two weeks. Since Monday, I have gained back two. I don't think I'm doing anything differently. I had a handful of grapes a few days ago, but otherwise, no sweets at all. I've been under 50 carbs every day.

Any ideas? If I'm going to gain weight, I may as well go have a slice of cheesecake.

Are you winging it or using a program? eta: some people do great with coming up with their own version of LC/HF, but other people seem to have more success following a specific program, at least initially.

I don't LC for weight loss, but if I was going to, I'd follow the Atkins rungs if my own version of LC wasn't working. Some people need to limit dairy, peanut butter, etc. in the beginning and add those back in gradually.

Edited by Momof3littles

I lost 7 pounds the first two weeks. Since Monday, I have gained back two. I don't think I'm doing anything differently. I had a handful of grapes a few days ago, but otherwise, no sweets at all. I've been under 50 carbs every day.

Any ideas? If I'm going to gain weight, I may as well go have a slice of cheesecake.

Atkins recommends two cups of beef/chicken bullion daily for the salt. If you aren't either getting enough salt in your meals or supplementing you WILL have issues with potassium which can slow down weight loss. It can also lead to the "Atkins flu", a loss of energy, tired muscles and a feeling of light-headedness.

Also, you may need to limit your carbs to fewer than 20 grams daily. Folks who are already IR may need to go lower in carb count to see continued weight loss.

I really recommend getting the new Atkins book and read the section on Induction.

Congrats on the early weight loss. :001_smile: