Menu

I didn't know Prufrock Press sold PDF's!

kesmom

Be aware that Prufrock press is not "normal" pdf's. They require a download of Adobe Digital Editions (not adobe acrobat). I was not aware of this till after I purchased, and I probably would not of purchased it had I known.

Think of adobe DE like Ibooks for your itunes device. You cannot just download the "pdf" onto the idevice, you must have ibooks, then drag and drop into that app, it becomes a part of that app, does not exist without it. ADE is similar.

if you try to download the file without DE, you will get a 1kb file, a nothing file. You have to have DE, open it then download the "book", which means you can't organize the "book" with the rest of your pdfs.

To me this is not a PDF, but a "nothing" file that is attached to another program. its a Electronic Book that needs an app to use it.

And I was lucky that I had a desktop computer and that it saved the file in my account, as I used this netbook to download, which uses linux as its base, therefore cannot download this "Digital Editions" app.

A few files on Lulu are doing this as well. So just be wary of ones they advise are "pdfs" and check the fine print. I am not even sure how I can back up this book now, I obviously can't just move a copy of it onto the USB stick, because it doesn't exist without the DE program. :glare:

Be aware that Prufrock press is not "normal" pdf's. They require a download of Adobe Digital Editions (not adobe acrobat). I was not aware of this till after I purchased, and I probably would not of purchased it had I known.

Thanks for the information! That's good to know. That's not as big of an issue for me because I have that software anyway because a lot of the ebooks that are available to check out from our library are only in that format.

Can they still be printed? Aren't most of their books workbooks? And if they can be printed, have you tried printing as a pdf?

Lol, yes it can be printed (I purchased Lollipop Logic) what I am saying is the "book" is attached to that program (which requires windows or mac) and the file is downloaded into that program. I have not tried printing as a pdf (I have Bull pdf print), I shall try this (*slaps head* why did I not think of that?) hopefully, it should work, then I will have a PDF I can put in my Logic Folder! Its just lucky I actually had a desktop running windows, or I wouldn't of been able to download it at all.