Menu

Lightning Literature ????

After examining their website and seeing many of the books that they recommend for science (apologia) and bible/character, I am confused. I had heard that Lightning Lit. was written from a secular viewpoint. Does it have a christian slant or is it purely secular? Thanks!

We've used LL7, LL8, Shakespeare Tragedies, and World Lit. It's supposed to Christian, but I have found in reality that there is little worldview applied. I do not recall any of the literature being viewed by the curriculum through a Biblical lens.

So while it's "Christian," it's more like it's not anti-Christian, imho.

I've appreciated the great range of reading selections, as have my dc. I also appreciate that LL has made suggestions to substitute if one has any issue with schedule books. Some of the guides are definitely better than others. Middle school was terrific, Shakespeare pretty good, World Lit lacking.

Thanks ladies! I guess I was looking for something that would examine lit. through a Christian worldview. Lightning literature looks like it would be perfect for my dd, challenging but not too challenging for her. She struggles with writing and so forth. I was thinking of using the 8th grade program with my ninth grader.