Menu

SOTW

tm_burriss

I think the book is the basic essential piece that you need. I can't live without the audio on my dd's mp3 player though! It's the only reason we got to history last year as my dd loved it and still asks to listen to it when she goes to sleep. We really like the activity guide as well for the lists of books that correlate with each chapter. We get these extra books from the library. You could just search your library's catalog for books about the subject of the chapter though.

Edited by linguistmama

The Activity Guide is filled with the kind of stuff I would probably never do on my own, but looks like lots of fun. I ended up getting a few families together to do it.

I am SOOOO tired of reading aloud, so am thrilled to have the audio CDs.

The book itself is actually the least used around here!

We don't use SOTW anymore, but when we did I bought everything and didn't regret it. The book you have to have, of course, the AG is great if your kids like hands-on, and the CD's were nice to have too, though not strictly necessary. We used them for review. I would read the chapter one day and on another day we would listen to the CD. That way the kids could point out how I had misprounounced everything!

The Activity Guide is filled with the kind of stuff I would probably never do on my own, but looks like lots of fun. I ended up getting a few families together to do it.

I am SOOOO tired of reading aloud, so am thrilled to have the audio CDs.

The book itself is actually the least used around here!

:iagree:We're pretty new to this, but we've been listening to the Audio, then doing the ?s from the Activity Guide and a project here and there. We've read a few of the extra books, but not many so far (probably will as we get into "meatier" topics though). We haven't used the book at all. :blush: