Menu

hey all you kitchen / dining room / desk girls and guys! check it out....

Just for Colleen, I took a few photos, my desk and my kitchen. You know, like instead of "street of dreams" a sort of "street of reality".

Can you find the common theme in these rooms? It's tough; one image is sideways. I did that on purpose. Right. To make it a little extra challenging....

post-1259-13535082620463_thumb.jpg

post-1259-13535082620579_thumb.jpg

post-1259-13535082620463_thumb.jpg

post-1259-13535082620579_thumb.jpg

Just for Colleen, I took a few photos, my desk and my kitchen. You know, like instead of "street of dreams" a sort of "street of reality".

Can you find the common theme in these rooms? It's tough; one image is sideways. I did that on purpose. Right. To make it a little extra challenging....

Why do I only see one thumbnail? Of the kitchen. :confused:

I spy Mikes and a stand mixer, though. Whatever challenges your house presents, you're good w/those on board. :D

I spy Mikes and a stand mixer, though. Whatever challenges your house presents, you're good w/those on board. :D

Ding, Ding! Andie got it, despite the fact that these pictures are so small, and she only saw one. We actually took pictures of all the rooms, with Mike's. These pics turned out the best.

My outlet grocery store had cases on sale for $11. I saw that case and as I was loading in the cart thought, Colleen, look what you've done to me. Before these boards, my kitchen was not clean before bed. Before the boards, I did not have a bamboo cutting board (thank you, abbeyej). And I definitely did not drink alcohol. Now an occasional Mike's goes down pretty easy.

In the kitchen we have a mirror over the sink which we placed there 10 years ago as a temporary solution to a hole in the wall. And as I mentioned to Colleen in an email, I call the kitchen floor the "floor of contention" - I think every couple has some thing or item in their house that has caused a lot of grief. That's ours.

Oh, yes. And that statuary on my counter. That is my economic stimulus mixer, that has to be packaged up and sent back to the manufacturer. After 17 years and two replacement motors on my old Kitchen Aid, I graduated to a Viking that doesn't work. Nice!

I guess what I've learned is that I love my teeny tiny house and that tidy works for me. I was overwhelmed by stuff for most of my adult life and now I'm whipping it together, in large part because of the encouragement and wisdom I've found on these boards. But my house is not altogether what I want and I'm just a smidgen jealous of those big beauties. Though I loved peeking in your homes. And those of you whose personalities I sense and recognize on the boards -- your houses look like you to me.

Thanks for playing, ladies.

Ding, Ding! Andie got it, despite the fact that these pictures are so small, and she only saw one. We actually took pictures of all the rooms, with Mike's. These pics turned out the best.

My outlet grocery store had cases on sale for $11. I saw that case and as I was loading in the cart thought, Colleen, look what you've done to me. Before these boards, my kitchen was not clean before bed. Before the boards, I did not have a bamboo cutting board (thank you, abbeyej). And I definitely did not drink alcohol. Now an occasional Mike's goes down pretty easy.

Thanks for playing, ladies.

I spied the Mike's, too! As a reward, you must tell me what outlet grocery store sells Mike's cases for $11. :D

I spied the Mike's, too! As a reward, you must tell me what outlet grocery store sells Mike's cases for $11. :D

I'm in the Pacific Northwest and we have an outlet grocery store with the very original name: The Grocery Outlet. Cases and cases of cheap Mike's -- though why it's there is beyond me. They usually sell the stuff that isn't moving off the shelves in regular stores. And Colleen is in this state, due north! How could there be a surplus of Mike's here, I ask you?!

Oh, hey, and did you check out the Well Trained Kitchen Aid thread? Andie posted a most excellent Mike's picture. I think we need a Mike's thread -- all the places you find Mike's. Like in that movie, Amelie, with the garden gnome.... Whaddya think?