Menu

When all else fails just laugh

Seriously my mother will never learn and I could nothing more than laugh. Yesterday we had dd12's 13th birthday party(the family one). We had it a large park near my folks place that has firepits etc. We were all having a great time. From where we were I could see the playground structure easily so I let dd4 go play on it without me. There was 4 other birthday parties happening all there at once so there was kids and adults galore.

So dd4 comes back over with a little girl that is 4 yrs old, looks like she could be dd's twin and they have essentially the same name. The little girl's just had an "a" at the end.

Anyway, she introduces her new friend to us, points out new friend's family, tells us where in the park she will play and off they go.

A little while later dd4 comes back and says new friend had to leave, new friend comes over and says good bye to us and leaves. DD4 goes back to park and makes a new "big friend", aka the big sister of someone at the park blowing giant bubbles for kids. So dd plays with the other kids and new "big friend" chats up a storm, tries her hand at the giant bubble wand and has a great time.

I can her back over to join us for cake and presents.

The whole time she has been playing I have been sitting with my family visiting at our spot, watching dd but not with her.

After cake and presents I send dd4 to play again while I help clean up. My mom turns to me and says "I know why you homeschool the big ones, but she should really be going to ps kindergarten in the fall. She needs to learn to be able to do things away from you and the socialization skills needed to succeed"

I looked at my mom, looked at dd4 making new friends at the park with out me and burst out laughing. I didn't stop laughing until we were driving away at which time I shared the story with ds13 and he asked "Didn't gramma see dd4 doing everything she says she has to go to school for?" ad he started chuckling.

In the meantime dd4 is in the back listing off all her new best friends from the park, and everything she did when I was with the grown ups.

I am done justifying why we homeschool. I am even done passing the bean dip. For now on I will just laugh when she brings it up.