Menu

college searches and sorting???

:lurk5: I'd like this, too. I have found some sites that let you know which colleges superscore the SAT and/or the ACT. Superscoring is a new term to me, but it's where colleges take the highest score in each area from your different SAT tests. It's surprising how many do this. This isn't really Sue's question, but here is a site that shows you the way many colleges use the SAT http://professionals.collegeboard.com/profdownload/sat-score-use-practices-list.pdf . It doesn't use the term superscore, though.

Edited by Karin

:rant: I would like to do a college search on collegeboard then sort the results by ACT or SAT scores. Since they redesigned their website, that is no longer an option. :banghead:

Does anyone know another site that offers sorting by ACT/SAT?

Thanks!

I agree it is so frustrating when sites keep getting redeigned and info ends up disappearing or difficult to find. Are you saying that you want to select a certain ACT or SAT range? If you go through the search process on College Board under applying there will be a place where you can choose SAT scores or ACT scores that are close matches. Does that help?

I agree it is so frustrating when sites keep getting redeigned and info ends up disappearing or difficult to find. Are you saying that you want to select a certain ACT or SAT range? If you go through the search process on College Board under applying there will be a place where you can choose SAT scores or ACT scores that are close matches. Does that help?

No. Before the redesign, I selected schools in FL and GA that were NCAA Div 1, 2, and 3. I sorted them by SAT scores so that ds could see which schools had brighter students. Luckily, I printed them out, but I'd like to do something similar nationwide.

I want to see all the schools, so selecting a certain ACT/SAT range doesn't help. The best I can do is sort by % accepted, but that's not the same thing.

Ah, gotcha. They don't give a complete list for sure, often they even leave off matches that are a good fit for the given SAT or ACT info. And, yes, % accepted is not a particularly good substitute at all. There are strong schools with a very self selecting applicant pool that have high test scores. And, there are very weak schools that have a very weak applicant pool so they have higher percentages rejected.

Have you tried the College Navigator at all? It isn't pretty but it is often more functional than the College Board search. http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/ I'd be curious to know if it works better for you. I know you can request sports teams in the search, but I am not sure if it will let you sort by division.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but, here's a link. I'm also not certain it is current. If you click on the division it will open a link to SAT comparisons and provide another link for ACT comparisons.

This is not exactly what I am looking for, but it is interesting in that I can see so many colleges at once.

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried the College Navigator at all? It isn't pretty but it is often more functional than the College Board search. http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/ I'd be curious to know if it works better for you. I know you can request sports teams in the search, but I am not sure if it will let you sort by division.

What I like best about College Navigator is that it says NCAA Div 1-A or Div 1-AA or Div 1-AAA. No other site indicates the subdivision, and I love that. I just wish that I could sort on it. I can't specify division at all and I can't sort by ACT scores, although this site does a much better job of limiting by ACT scores than collegeboard.

I am a programmer by trade. I really just want the data so I can manipulate it to my heart's content all by myself. ;)

I really just want the data so I can manipulate it to my heart's content all by myself. ;)

I totally understand that feeling. It is so frustrating to feel like what you need is in there somewhere but you just aren't allowed to get your hands on it. Grrr!