Menu

For those of you planning Disney World trips....

I am anxiously awaiting the announcement that Disney is accepting reservations at the new Be Our Guest restaurant in the MK.

If you see the announcement, will you post it here in case some other Hive members are also hoping to make ADRs for their upcoming trip?

The last I heard was possibly August.

Thanks!:D

It's one of our favorite times to go. Low crowds, still warm for swimming. :) The other favorite time is the week after Thanksgiving when the Christmas decorations are up, but the park is not crowded for the holiday yet. We are going September 11th through the 18th. :D

I heard a rumor the other day that they were going to have it be 2 credits for both lunch and dinner if you're on the dining plan. Bleh. :glare:

The initial announcement from Disney was that it was only a 1 credit meal, but the 2 credit statement was from Chip & Co., and they're usually very reputable. In fact, she said her info came from her Disney contact, so we'll see.

I heard a rumor the other day that they were going to have it be 2 credits for both lunch and dinner if you're on the dining plan. Bleh. :glare:

The initial announcement from Disney was that it was only a 1 credit meal, but the 2 credit statement was from Chip & Co., and they're usually very reputable. In fact, she said her info came from her Disney contact, so we'll see.

:iagree: with your "Bleh" comment! I it's not true. The articles I have read said that one of the things that was so different about BOG was that it would be CS at lunch and TS at dinner (and only one credit each). I really hope this is the case.

Like your new avatar, Diane!

:iagree: with your "Bleh" comment! I it's not true. The articles I have read said that one of the things that was so different about BOG was that it would be CS at lunch and TS at dinner (and only one credit each). I really hope this is the case.

Like your new avatar, Diane!

Thanks!! I "know" people by their avatar, so I didn't want it to look too different, in case anyone is as easily confused as I am. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, my post was supposed to say "I *hope* it's not true!"

Even though they are supposed to start taking ADRs this month, we will have to wait until our next trip since BOG won't open until December.

Edited by besroma

We are! We'll be there 9/3 - 9/7. A quickie! We will be in FL anyway so we might as well add a few more days at Disney - right?

We do a couple of quickies during the year. We are just going to miss you. :(

Animal Kingdom Lodge... I've always wanted to try it out. 9/11 - 9/18

We do a couple of quickies during the year. We are just going to miss you. :(

Animal Kingdom Lodge... I've always wanted to try it out. 9/11 - 9/18

I've always wanted to try AKL too! But, we're a family of 6 and it is cost-prohibitive at this point. Maybe sometime when they offer a 40% off rate we'll get in there!

Any chance you'll be back at Disney in January? I think we'll be there 1/13 - 1/19. This one is a huge maybe. Again, we'll be back in FL, so we thought we'd go ahead and book Disney too!

I've always wanted to try AKL too! But, we're a family of 6 and it is cost-prohibitive at this point. Maybe sometime when they offer a 40% off rate we'll get in there!

Any chance you'll be back at Disney in January? I think we'll be there 1/13 - 1/19. This one is a huge maybe. Again, we'll be back in FL, so we thought we'd go ahead and book Disney too!

Actually, we got about a 40% discount and free deluxe dining attached to it. The week after Labor Day and the week after Thanksgiving we've gotten our best deals. Normally, we are too cheap and stay at a Downtown Disney hotel, since we don't rent cars. $2 bus ride on the Lynx and Disney buses to all the parks. :)

We will be back in January before our annual passes run out in February. Maybe we'll see you then.

Actually, we got about a 40% discount and free deluxe dining attached to it. The week after Labor Day and the week after Thanksgiving we've gotten our best deals. Normally, we are too cheap and stay at a Downtown Disney hotel, since we don't rent cars. $2 bus ride on the Lynx and Disney buses to all the parks. :)

We will be back in January before our annual passes run out in February. Maybe we'll see you then.

How did you get 40% off AND free deluxe dining? And, you have annual passes. Don't you have to buy park days to get free dining? Spill it! Now! How do you get these deals!?

AND!!!! I just wrote to a friend of mine who goes to Disney more often than I do and told her about our January trip and how I was hoping to get into the new restaurant. Well, turns out her soon-to-be DIL works at Le Cellier and MAY be able to get me reservations there before it opens up to the general public!!!! Woohoo!!! I'll find out soon and let you know!

It sounds so silly, but food is REALLY important to me on our trips. I agonize over our ADRs. I LOVE eating out and we just don't do it on a regular basis, unless we're at Disney. So, this makes it a real vacation and getting reservations at this place will just make this a wonderful trip!!!!

There are certain classifications they do, your DIL might know this. I actually found out on MouseSavers. Anyway, there are peak, normal and low. They usually always offer free dining the week or two after Labor Day because it is a low time. Sometimes in January and sometimes the week after Thanksgiving. If you are an annual passholder, you can get discounts at on property hotels; however, to attach the dining it has to be a "Deluxe" resort. I can usually only get that once or twice a year. So the only hotels that qualify are things like the Poly, AKL, Grand Floridian, etc. The only one they had with the dining left when I made my reservations in February for September was AKL, so that's why we are staying there. :)

It sounds so silly, but food is REALLY important to me on our trips. I agonize over our ADRs. I LOVE eating out and we just don't do it on a regular basis, unless we're at Disney. So, this makes it a real vacation and getting reservations at this place will just make this a wonderful trip!!!!

I COMPLETELY understand this. I do the same thing. Seriously, it takes me forever to get the ADRs the way I want them...they must. be. perfect. :lol::lol:

Think we need help? :001_huh: :D

I COMPLETELY understand this. I do the same thing. Seriously, it takes me forever to get the ADRs the way I want them...they must. be. perfect. :lol::lol:

I was just re-checking mine today. :tongue_smilie:

So I'm guessing your phone or tablet doesn't try to autocorrect ADR or ADRs? I was thinking about that today, how all of the people posting about Disney have the abbreviations/acronyms stored so that autocorrect recognizes them! :D

There are certain classifications they do, your DIL might know this. I actually found out on MouseSavers. Anyway, there are peak, normal and low. They usually always offer free dining the week or two after Labor Day because it is a low time. Sometimes in January and sometimes the week after Thanksgiving. If you are an annual passholder, you can get discounts at on property hotels; however, to attach the dining it has to be a "Deluxe" resort. I can usually only get that once or twice a year. So the only hotels that qualify are things like the Poly, AKL, Grand Floridian, etc. The only one they had with the dining left when I made my reservations in February for September was AKL, so that's why we are staying there. :)

Is this on the site, or in a newsletter?

Hmmmm . . . I subscribe to Mousesavers! So, you are annual passholders and you can get free dining at Deluxe Hotels PLUS a 40% discount on room. Apparently I need to pay better attention to the MS newsletter!!!!

I COMPLETELY understand this. I do the same thing. Seriously, it takes me forever to get the ADRs the way I want them...they must. be. perfect. :lol:

I'm so glad you get it!!! We just booked our January trip and I'm itching to plan our meals so I can plan our park days. But I need to find out about this new restaurant first!!!! Ugh.

Maybe there should be a discount for Disney-a-holic therapy?! :001_smile:

I was just re-checking mine today. :tongue_smilie:

So I'm guessing your phone or tablet doesn't try to autocorrect ADR or ADRs? I was thinking about that today, how all of the people posting about Disney have the abbreviations/acronyms stored so that autocorrect recognizes them! :D

Mine doesn't even try changing it anymore!!! :lol:

You guys need help! :tongue_smilie:

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I often call WDW DINE in the morning and say, "I'm walking into Animal Kingdom now, and I have a car. Where is our party of 4 eating later tonight?" We get a lot of reservations that way. I do think being a party of 4 helps. Also, we prefer to eat pretty late, so that seems to help too.

Now for our next trip I do have a couple Princess meals scheduled (first and last time, I'm sure), but I made them less than 70 days out from arrival. I know. It would give some of you a heart attack. But it can be done. I wouldn't try it during Christmas or Spring Break though...

You guys need help! :tongue_smilie:

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I often call WDW DINE in the morning and say, "I'm walking into Animal Kingdom now, and I have a car. Where is our party of 4 eating later tonight?" We get a lot of reservations that way. I do think being a party of 4 helps. Also, we prefer to eat pretty late, so that seems to help too.

Now for our next trip I do have a couple Princess meals scheduled (first and last time, I'm sure), but I made them less than 70 days out from arrival. I know. It would give some of you a heart attack. But it can be done. I wouldn't try it during Christmas or Spring Break though...

GASP. HOLDING CHEST. FALLING DOWN! Seriously???? You plan fewer than 70 days out????? What is WRONG with you woman?!?!

(Actually someday I dream of doing this. But, every time we try to take a trip that I haven't planned out to the last detail, we get burned. Don't even ask about last weekend!!!!! Ugh)

Email deals I signed up for from their website.... As an annual passholder.

Hmmmm . . . Sounds like we need annual passes. Sooner rather than later. . . .

GASP. HOLDING CHEST. FALLING DOWN! Seriously???? You plan fewer than 70 days out????? What is WRONG with you woman?!?!

Well, way too much to go into in this thread! ;) :lol:

Yes, APs are great. What we do is go for almost 2 weeks one year, and then back up the vacation by a couple weeks the following year.

Email deals I signed up for from their website.... As an annual passholder.

So it sounds like you get a different newsletter than Jennifer and I do because you have an AP? Jennifer and I are just trying to see if we aren't reading our newsletters closely enough. :tongue_smilie:

nono,

I thought about you two weeks ago. I remembered your posting about liking Jersey week at WDW. We were in Ocean City. We took the ferry from Cape May to Lewes on the way back home.

nono,

I thought about you two weeks ago. I remembered your posting about liking Jersey week at WDW. We were in Ocean City. We took the ferry from Cape May to Lewes on the way back home.

Cool! That's the beginning of our drive to WDW! We go 3 miles, and we're at the ferry! :)

The one restaurant I couldn't get a reservation for every time I've been is the Sci Fi Diner. I just got one on September 11th! I am so excited. I've always wanted to eat there. Has anyone ever been there?

I have tried it twice. YUCK. I can get better food in the park. Did you see the pictures that came out a year ago about the sci fi? OMG EWWW. The woman taking pics had a new camera and what she took by accident showed every dirt, grease and nasty stuff. It was like the booths have never been cleaned. I would eat at the Prime Time.