Menu

Tapestry of Grace Year 1 weak?

I'll bump you up even though we haven't completed it. IMO, I'd guess that the weakness lies in how many weeks are devoted to Biblical/Israelite history instead of the "greats" like Egypt, Greece, and Rome or instead of spending time focusing on other places in depth like India or China.

That year does seem to have the least resources used-especially in the lower levels. Going through it next time, I think I'll condense some of the Israelite and Biblical studies into less weeks and add more on other cultures. We do separate Bible so I feel like we have it somewhat covered. :001_smile: We start Year 2 this year so we'll see how they compare.

Well, I know that they are completely revamping Year 1 this year. As they completed the later year plans, their vision of how things ought to be written became clearer. So the revamping of Year 1 is supposed to bring it in line with what you see in the other year plans.

Well, I know that they are completely revamping Year 1 this year. As they completed the later year plans, their vision of how things ought to be written became clearer. So the revamping of Year 1 is supposed to bring it in line with what you see in the other year plans.

Ah, I forgot about this too. They are making the discussions and notes more teacher-friendly like the later years (I've not seen other years, this is from what Marcia told me).

Ah, I forgot about this too. They are making the discussions and notes more teacher-friendly like the later years (I've not seen other years, this is from what Marcia told me).

OK, I've used (and loved) Year 4, so I am familiar with that. Do you know if they are still focusing in one direction, or are they going to include more ancient history from other countries (China, Africa, etc...)?

Thanks!

OK, I've used (and loved) Year 4, so I am familiar with that. Do you know if they are still focusing in one direction, or are they going to include more ancient history from other countries (China, Africa, etc...)?

Thanks!

To my understanding, they are not changing their focus. Rather, they are just changing the format of the Socratic questions.

Thanks!

To my understanding, they are not changing their focus. Rather, they are just changing the format of the Socratic questions.

What Tracy said. The material content isn't changing, just the way the information/discussion is presented to the teacher.

When I spoke with Marcia at the convention before buying, she said that they got better as they went along, and people who start in year 1 and go through 4 don't so much notice the difference, but when circling back from year 4 to year 1, you'd notice that the teacher helps, especially for the Socratic discussions, just weren't at the same level. That is what they are "smoothing" as she says.