Menu

Apologia chemistry

We just started the chemistry. We have the whole thing on disc so no back of the book.

We have "reveiw questions" which are general chapter content, "practice problems" more application and math based, then there are the " more practice problems". Really more then enough. I have not seen summaries yet. They are in the main biology one.

No summary like in the other books--fill in the blanks. The focus is a bit different on the exams (only doing chapter 3 today) but so far no definitions more problem solving/application of knowledge.

So far we like the course. I have physics somewhere. I can find it and look if you want me to.

Really?! Nobody here is using Apologia right now? :001_huh:

nah... we just don't like you. :lol:

or were not on the computer last night. :lol:

take your pick on it. giggle giggle...

ahem....

physics - no summaries. appendix B is "more practice problems"

hope that helps you a bit (I don't have marine book...)

-crystal

nah... we just don't like you. :lol:

or were not on the computer last night. :lol:

take your pick on it. giggle giggle...

ahem....

physics - no summaries. appendix B is "more practice problems"

hope that helps you a bit (I don't have marine book...)

-crystal

:001_tt2:...lol...thanks Crystal!

And thank you for the info on the Physics. And since I have you---are the MFW lesson plans 4 days throughout the year? AND---is it true that the MFW lesson plans also schedule the quarterly tests? Still trying to decide if I want to stick with Apologia and use the MFW lesson plans next year. ;)

:001_tt2:...lol...thanks Crystal!

And thank you for the info on the Physics. And since I have you---are the MFW lesson plans 4 days throughout the year? AND---is it true that the MFW lesson plans also schedule the quarterly tests? Still trying to decide if I want to stick with Apologia and use the MFW lesson plans next year. ;)

you mean I have to get up off my rear end and walk back to my dd's room again for you? :lol::lol:

hold on.... (so glad you don't take me too seriously at times, Katie)

ok... general physical bio chem and physics all run about like this...

for most modules, it is done as 4 days a week. 2 weeks for module. Every 4th module is when a quarterly test is scheduled. so that means those 2 weeks will be 5 day a week in the schedule. An alternative idea is given as do 2 quarterly test together a semester final and schedule that on own.

lists are given for supplies for labs. places to record lab grades and test grades are given. extra notes are in physics one about remember the author's note on this and that... (my dh and dd did chemistry together so I stayed out of chemistry and couldn't find her plans in there... not going back in that room.. shudder..she's out of the house.) but I thought that was neat in physics with some extra reminders.

at one point someone in their office told me there were going to get samples on those up sometime. hmm.. maybe I should nag them again on that. ;)

-crystal

you mean I have to get up off my rear end and walk back to my dd's room again for you? :lol::lol:

hold on.... (so glad you don't take me too seriously at times, Katie)

ok... general physical bio chem and physics all run about like this...

for most modules, it is done as 4 days a week. 2 weeks for module. Every 4th module is when a quarterly test is scheduled. so that means those 2 weeks will be 5 day a week in the schedule. An alternative idea is given as do 2 quarterly test together a semester final and schedule that on own.

lists are given for supplies for labs. places to record lab grades and test grades are given. extra notes are in physics one about remember the author's note on this and that... (my dh and dd did chemistry together so I stayed out of chemistry and couldn't find her plans in there... not going back in that room.. shudder..she's out of the house.) but I thought that was neat in physics with some extra reminders.

at one point someone in their office told me there were going to get samples on those up sometime. hmm.. maybe I should nag them again on that. ;)

-crystal

Wow---thanks so much Crystal! ;)