Menu

Lesson plans to use "parables from nature" book?

Nicholas_mom

http://engquistacademy.webs.com/curriculum.htm

I just came across this! It might be what you're wanting. It might be what I'm wanting for my almost 10yo ds!

I used this book years ago with Ambleside Online. I read it aloud to my dd & ds (they were probably 9 & 6ish). I'd read a section (paragraph to a page) and then one of us would narrate. I took a turn also. Some of the stories dragged on and on and on, but in the end every story was absolutely worth reading.

ETA: Just tried to go to the Lulu page to see how much it cost and the link didn't work -- the sample looks good though and I think it is a WTM'er producing it.

O My goodness this IS awesome. I JUST bought Spelling Wisdom from Simply Charlotte, but I would love these lesson plans!

My only question is do I tell what the parable means or do ask questions to get him to see to get him to see the meaning of the parable or do I just let it be and have him figure it out himself? :confused:

I just went and checked out Lulu...Here is the link to buy Copywork Book and Spelling Book http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/engquistacademy

Edited by Nicholas_mom
ETA after Checking out link.

the sample looks great, my kids would love this! But, I don't see the language arts book on Lulu? Just the copywork and spelling? Anyone else find it?

I asked the author in a thread on the general board and here is her reply:

I am *still* working on it. Our youngest came along and I everything got derailed.

I will, however, be releasing copywork books on lulu soon.

I'm bummed, but completely understand!