Menu

Weird situation with friends and I'm sad. WWYD?

:grouphug: I'm sorry. What a crummy situation.

I have to say, I read this thread and felt like a jealous you-know-what. You're all being understanding and I'm just thinking, I'd want *nothing* to do with this woman! I'd be ticked. I was surprised at my own reaction!

I've also learned the hard way that being a smart woman, that knows about sports, is a sure way to make men think you're interested and available, somehow :tongue_smilie:. I don't hang around with men without my husband. Nuff' said.

Me too. I am surprised by how the op was with it... I felt my hackles go up and the temptation to go mark my dh :lol:

You are the better person than me on this one. I think for appearance's sake in the future, you need to cut all ties from these people. Affairs can be started with the nicest (or lonely) intentions. Then boom. Damage.

What surprises me is your mourning over a friendship rather than feeling lucky you dodged a bullet with a lonely gal like that... she had feelings for your spouse and it destroyed her marriage. You should not be focusing on the friendship, hon. :glare:

You need a clean start and wipe them off your cell phone, emails, and social media like FB. Move on. Tell dh to do so too.

:iagree:

What surprises me is your mourning over a friendship rather than feeling lucky you dodged a bullet with a lonely gal like that... she had feelings for your spouse and it destroyed her marriage. You should not be focusing on the friendship, hon. :glare:

Me too. I am surprised by how the op was with it... I felt my hackles go up and the temptation to go mark my dh :lol:

:iagree:

My guess is her own marriage was suffering and that is (partly) why she was attracted to your husband. She did the right thing putting distance. She could have been less than upfront about why. But with the distance, however she did it, she did the right thing for all of you. You just respect the boundary she set. Your husband should stay clear of her for her sake and her marriage's sake. But these feelings very likely have more to do with their marriage than your husband.

I don't think it's wise to meet opposite sex people without your spouse FWIW.