Menu

Motherhood is.......

Today, for me, motherhood is being the tooth fairy for a 6yo and kissing away a toddler's "owies" that no eye can see, and getting my "owies" kissed in return. Yes, I assured her that her kiss made my cut "all better", as she declared it to be.

Oh yeah. That Tooth Fairy thing.

She must have had a busy night last night. You know there are SO many kids that sometimes she doesn't make it for a day or two...

:blush:

Of that tiny little baby that needs you for everything

To the nineteen year old 6'4" young man who after making some really bad choices in life is now an apprentice supporting himself and learning to walk with Jesus.

To the seventeen year old young lady who doesn't really love taking care of little children yet gives her whole summer to be a summer missionary for weeks at camp so many young people will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus.

To the fourteen year old young man who is overwhelmed beyond words to be a cabin leader for the first time but with a quiet and gentle spirit took the job because God asked him to.

And the many, many steps in between.

Cindy

Of that tiny little baby that needs you for everything

To the nineteen year old 6'4" young man who after making some really bad choices in life is now an apprentice supporting himself and learning to walk with Jesus.

To the seventeen year old young lady who doesn't really love taking care of little children yet gives her whole summer to be a summer missionary for weeks at camp so many young people will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus.

To the fourteen year old young man who is overwhelmed beyond words to be a cabin leader for the first time but with a quiet and gentle spirit took the job because God asked him to.

And the many, many steps in between.

Cindy

This is beautiful. Thank you :001_smile:

It is so sweet when it is just beginning, when that tiny baby needs you to do everything for him; but it is bitter when you suddenly realize that somewhere along the way, he became an adult who doesn't really need you to anything for him -- that for all practical purposes, your job is done.