Menu

Finally purchased a download license for the OLLY planner!

Aloha2U

I have another 25 days or so left. I've played around with it, but I'm still not sure. My high school students have their own planners (using MFW) and my 12yo uses HOD (already there in the handy-dandy Guide!). All that's left is my youngers...and that is who I would use it for. Just looks so tedious to type in all the books, plan the lessons, etc. Paper and pencil seems so much easier. But...we'll see. Glad you are liking it!

Not yet, but soon.

With Olly, I'm actually learning HOW to plan, and I only played with it once. I also like that I can list all of my resources on there so they don't get forgotten about. I'm hoping that Olly and "workboxes" (on paper only) will help for me to actually use everything I've got. Books, PDFs, Ipad apps, etc.

Before I tried Olly, I was trying to talk DH into building a spreadsheet of some store to track all of the resources I already have. First, though I had to actually go through and list them...an overwhelming thought...already...we just started hs'ing in February!!

I have another 25 days or so left. I've played around with it, but I'm still not sure. My high school students have their own planners (using MFW) and my 12yo uses HOD (already there in the handy-dandy Guide!). All that's left is my youngers...and that is who I would use it for. Just looks so tedious to type in all the books, plan the lessons, etc. Paper and pencil seems so much easier. But...we'll see. Glad you are liking it!

Well... I, too, experimented with this and that feature, but I'm honestly not quite ready to make a complete transition yet. It has potential and I'm willing to take my time this upcoming school year to work out some kinks before I fully commit to it. I'm looking forward to having my schedules, plans, and record keeping all in one place for the long haul, easily accessible, and off of my desk top. (I've finally come to terms with my computer being on all day.) I also like the possibility of synching OLLY to iCal in the future.

Perhaps you'll still have access to the trial when they release the next update. That's what I was hoping for, but after much deliberation, and the fact that I didn't want to lose all the data I had already input, my better half gave me the go ahead to "Just Do It". (Yay!) And so I did. :D

I have 8 days left....and I am going to be buying the full version soon! I am LOVING it...it is exactly what I need for planning even with little ones. I like to have an activity a week for the toddler I watch, then I list out my read alouds for my 3 year old and a loosy goosy before five in a row sequence (1 or 2 times a week so bumping is my friend because if I don't get to it this week I bump it to next week). Then my almost kinder is doing letter of the week and I love being able to plan a whole week of letter activities on Olly. It is so easy to create the lesson plans and then just throw them on the day I want to do them.

I started playing with it then unexpectedly had to leave town/my computer and my time ran out for the free trial. :sad: I've heard SO MANY good things about OLLY; I'm hoping my email to the developer lands on a kind ear so that I can try it again. It looks really, really great!