Menu

??? Florida

I have to beg to differ to all of those that said that the "kin cultural" of SC and GA is worse than FL, and that FL is more diverse.

When I lived in NC, and two completely different areas of SC, I had neighbors all up and down my street that were of different religions, different ethnicities, born and raised in different areas of the country and even the world. Work in big corporations with all types of people. I think perhaps if you were in a VERY small town, you might see this, but I've seen that in VERY small towns in Florida and VERY small towns of the midwest.

It's not a geographic thing, it's simply the nature of living in a small population group. When you get to the more populated areas, you have a large mix of all types of demographics.

The old school thinking that people have of the South is kinda laughable, we're all related, look the same, and have always lived here and the room gets quiet when outsiders walk in, and we all say Ya"ll....SC is BIG into bringing in new jobs ,and industry, and corporations, into their ports, and with that comes diversity of humans. Not to mention there's alot of tourism in SC....we're used to seeing all types.

I have to beg to differ to all of those that said that the "kin cultural" of SC and GA is worse than FL, and that FL is more diverse.

When I lived in NC, and two completely different areas of SC, I had neighbors all up and down my street that were of different religions, different ethnicities, born and raised in different areas of the country and even the world. Work in big corporations with all types of people. I think perhaps if you were in a VERY small town, you might see this, but I've seen that in VERY small towns in Florida and VERY small towns of the midwest.

It's not a geographic thing, it's simply the nature of living in a small population group. When you get to the more populated areas, you have a large mix of all types of demographics.

The old school thinking that people have of the South is kinda laughable, we're all related, look the same, and have always lived here and the room gets quiet when outsiders walk in, and we all say Ya"ll....SC is BIG into bringing in new jobs ,and industry, and corporations, into their ports, and with that comes diversity of humans. Not to mention there's alot of tourism in SC....we're used to seeing all types.

I'm from Charleston :D (just didn't grow up there like some of my siblings did) That's why I want to be within a day's drive. Far enough to discourage one brother and my dad from showing up and causing drama, but close enough to see my sisters, nieces, nephews, and cousins often. The cousins in Lakeland are also from Berkeley County. And I do say, "ya'll". In fact, I say, "all y'all" :p

But, yes, diversity is very important to us. We also have a nephew that we are going have in our lives regularly. He's half Peruvian. His mother doesn't want to live anywhere where there might be prejudice against hispanics.

Edited by mommaduck

4. I've never lived in Jacksonville, but I have never heard anything good about it from those who have.

Just have to chime in to say that as a 15-year resident of Jacksonville, I LOVE MY CITY!!! The people are friendly, the river and beaches are beautiful, there is plenty to do, and Jax is home to a very supportive homeschool community.

(Now you can officially say that you've heard something good about it from someone who has lived there :001_smile:)

Just have to chime in to say that as a 15-year resident of Jacksonville, I LOVE MY CITY!!! The people are friendly, the river and beaches are beautiful, there is plenty to do, and Jax is home to a very supportive homeschool community.

(Now you can officially say that you've heard something good about it from someone who has lived there :001_smile:)

I definitely will let others know that I have heard something positive! :grouphug:

My ten year old wrote me a note:

Please read

to: Mom

If we move to Florida I'll miss *insert full name of boy* and you and dad will not get to meet him when I'm older. I will never have a different crush ever than <3 *insert full name of boy <3

PS One problem is He lives in OH

btw, this is not her first crush and fully doubt he will be her last...she's ten years old for crying out loud. At least the boy is Orthodox...give her credit there!