Menu

Parking garage scrape. What to do?

This is what I did for my birthday yesterday. I took my girls to see grandpa ( grandma and grandpa are divorced.) in grandma's car. Parked in the garage and backing out to leave I scraped a parked car in the garage. It was dark, but DD in the front seat said she couldn't see any damage to the other car and Grandma's car has a slight dent that I'm going to get fixed. I'm sure the other person in the small parking garage heard the scrape, but in my flustered state I failed to leave a note. There was no visible damage to the other car. What to do?

I guess I would just hope the other person doesn't find damage, and pursue the matter. It is likely they could pull your license plate off of the parking lot cameras. A friend had something similar happen, but the damage had to have been noticeable to the person who hit her in this case, and was able to track down the person who scraped her car.

Go back and leave your number and name with the garage. Make sure to get the person's name that you leave it with. (Or call) It'd be best if you could prove it, so there's no way it could be considered "hit and run" I have a friend who's daughter had the police show up because she left without leaving her info.