Menu

Looking for world history book of modern times with fewe pics/ more text than Usborne

We loved Roy Burrell's Oxford First Ancient History book. Is there an equivalent book for the modern time period, 1850- present?

Mostly, looking for a book to start where MOH3 leaves off and could be in a similar format. The Usborne/ DK/ Kingfisher format looks too "busy" to me. I would prefer fewer pics, more text. Anyone find this kind of world history book already?

I don't think this is what you are looking for, but have you seen the k12 middle school history text books? We will be using the Modern one for 7th grade, with dd doing research every week or two using the internet and other resources.

That was my first thought, too. Here's a link to Human Odyssey Vol 3. It starts at 1914. Volume 2 covers 1400-1914. You might be able to find a used copy a little cheaper somewhere else. Here it is at Amazon.

Thank you. I have seen k12 mentioned frequently on the boards, but didn't think to look into the textbooks. The cost is a bit prohibitive for what will be a semester or less. I will look for used copies...

What I need is MOH 4, which has not yet been published! He read CHOW last year, I have VanLoon's history text, but was hoping for a few more pics. I may just need to add the Kingfisher ency in as supplement.

Thank you both for your help!

Edited by bnbacademy