Menu

SAT scores came in

Saturday morning was a very happy day at our home. I hope the AP scores are solid but am relieved beyond belief that the SAT is done. She raised her estimated score from the PSAT(National Merit Scholar competitor) by 150 points in 8 months. I hope her work ethic matters as it is one matter to be an accelerated learner but another entirely to be willing to work for one's personal best. I just hope her desired college sees that and is pleased with her effort. This is far more stressful than I ever would have imagined as it is an awesome and crushing responsibility. Practicing law is challenging but there is little personal investment and involvement. This is a whole other kettle of fish.

My ds fought his way back from a debilitating case of Neuro-Lyme....and took the June SAT. He did amazing on the verbal...not so hot on the math...but, I am thrilled he could even sit and take it. Unfortunately, I do not think an admissions official will give a rats butt what he went through just to get to this point!

Next week he is going on a mission with Habitat for Humanity. He is going to lend his hand in framing a house...and hopefully the expertise in plumbing he learned from dh A's part of his convalescence.

I am a proud and happy Mamma that my boy has shown such fortitude and has grown so much from his experience with Lyme, the medical community, taking his own health, fitness nd education ( and rehab) into his own hands.

A number on the SAT can never show these things...yet I am so happy he was able to sit for it. That is itself was a triumph to us.

Congrats to your dd!!! Sounds like she is an amazing kid!

Faithe

She raised her estimated score from the PSAT(National Merit Scholar competitor) by 150 points in 8 months. I hope her work ethic matters as it is one matter to be an accelerated learner but another entirely to be willing to work for one's personal best. I just hope her desired college sees that and is pleased with her effort.

Congratulations! I hope the college sees it too and all goes well!

My ds fought his way back from a debilitating case of Neuro-Lyme....and took the June SAT. He did amazing on the verbal...not so hot on the math...but, I am thrilled he could even sit and take it. Unfortunately, I do not think an admissions official will give a rats butt what he went through just to get to this point!

Yes, they will care and it will make a difference. Just make sure you let them know about it in some form or another. No one can guarantee he will get in, but make sure the illness is noted as they will make special allowances for it. Congratulations!