Menu

Homeschoolers CAN DO ANYTHING!!! THANK YOU ALL!

I am not a warm/fuzzy, touchy/feely kind of person (but I am sure you all knew that).

Can I just say that you all are amazing?!!!

I just received an email from Heather that only could have been sent with Denise sending an email to everyone for whom she had non-WTM contact info. All of my Heather contact info is in my PM in box which I figured I would copy down on Saturday (well, I've learned my lesson).

Thank you all -- our family is fine -- we only lost power and thankfully did not have any trees fall on our house or suffer any other damage.

We emptied our fridge of food, checked in our favorite 'all suite' hotel and planned to sit out the power outages here -- so we fared well and I am extremely thankful.

My concern was that Heather and her family would head to our house on Monday only to arrive and find that there was no electricity (the temp in the guest cottage was 96 when we left yesterday). I just didn't want her to arrive in northern virginia without knowing what was going on.

DH and I are headed to our house now as we received a robocall that 'work' had been done in our neighborhood by the utility company -- we totally know that 'work' doesn't necessarily mean that power has been restored, so we will make the 40 minute drive there and check it out ourselves.

In the meantime, the kids are sitting around eating complimentary breakfast, watching SpongeBob, and enjoying the a/c. I told them to pretend THIS is vacation. :lol:

Thank you all again -- I am totally convinced that homeschoolers can do anything.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh, Mariann! My husband and daughter and I were just in Alexandria this afternoon house-hunting. We drove through North Ridge and Rosemont (our target neighborhoods) and saw many, many huge trees that had completely fallen over. It's a miracle so few houses were damaged; the trees seemed to fall away from the houses. A number of the houses were still without power, and the Whole Foods in Alexandria was closed.

We were horrified to think that these people's actual LIVES were in danger during the storm!

Hope you're back home and comfortable this evening.

I'm glad it all worked out, and that you guys are okay up there. :001_smile: I hope your power is back on and you have a great time visiting with Heather and her family. And, yes, I am jealous! :001_smile:

Oh, Mariann! My husband and daughter and I were just in Alexandria this afternoon house-hunting. We drove through North Ridge and Rosemont (our target neighborhoods) and saw many, many huge trees that had completely fallen over. It's a miracle so few houses were damaged; the trees seemed to fall away from the houses. A number of the houses were still without power, and the Whole Foods in Alexandria was closed.

We were horrified to think that these people's actual LIVES were in danger during the storm!

Hope you're back home and comfortable this evening.

WF was closed????? :w00t:

The damage was SO spotty! Friends just a few blocks from us have literally a hundred downed power lines. There are still many homes without power, but thankfully we running on all cylinders.

So? Are we going to be neighbors?????;)