Menu

Just need to rant!

I am so hopping mad right now! We live in Colorado and half the state is on fire. And anywhere you go around here, you will see signs that state "EXTREME FIRE DANGER: no burning allowed" and things like that. I was driving down the road, and lo and behold, there was a motorhome that was actually backfiring and throwing sparks. At first, I thought I was hearing gunshots until I looked at the tailpipes and could see fire blowing out of them. We live in a seriously RURAL area ... so the roads are barely wide enough to drive on with very little shoulder. The grass on the side of the road (and everywhere else for that matter) is so dry and brown and just plain dead. Ten years ago, we had the two worst fires in Colorado history (well up until now) one of which was started by some type of spark from a vehicle. Ugh! It is just so irritating that people aren't being more mindful. Ok...now I feel better and can breathe!

FWIW, most people wouldn't have had any idea that they were sparking.

Backfiring isn't always with sparks, etc, and most motor homes have pretty limited visibility. Flag em down & let them know, or have your kids hold up a sign or something next time.

FWIW, most people wouldn't have had any idea that they were sparking.

Backfiring isn't always with sparks, etc, and most motor homes have pretty limited visibility. Flag em down & let them know, or have your kids hold up a sign or something next time.

:iagree:

There have been times we have flag others down and vise versa.