Menu

Funny conversation with my mil...

My funny for the day… I just had to share

So, today my mil had her annual mammogram and ultrasound. She is a 6 year cancer survivor.:001_smile: But she was nervous at today’s appointment because they took “a long, long time” with the mammogram and ultrasound – additional films, different positions, and at the ultrasound they brought the doctor in to do part of it – though they assured her they were just fully mapping all nodes and calcifications she is still unsure and caught off guard. So I am being the dutiful dil and listening and commiserating and echoing all the while I’m cooking dinner, changing a dirty diaper, changing bed sheets, watching my ds2 somersault on the bed I’m changing, agreeing with my ds7 that yes, it’s a great lego design, nodding my head at my dd about a book she is currently infatuated with, wondering why my dh is 3 minutes late, etc…typical late afternoon mayhem. when in the middle of a ds2 scream of, “Watch dis, Mum, Watch dis!!” the following exchange takes place between me and my mil:

· Mil: So, I just wanted you to know that I didn’t forget and wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversary!

· Me: What??? Did you just wish me a Happy Anniversary?

· Mil: Uh, yes??? Isn’t today your Anniversary? It is the 26th isn’t it?

· Me: (Now laughing so hard I’m crying) Yes, yes it is. I completely forgot!!!:lol::lol:

· Mil: Do you think dh forgot too???

· Me: Oh, yeah, I know for a fact he did. (Our only conversation we had today lasted 10 seconds and consisted of him reminding me about an errand – sure, buddy just pile it on!! :glare:)

· Mil: Oh, you know you could pretend you knew all along and “trick” him when he gets home….

· Me: (laughing hysterically again) No, I don’t think so. It’s much funnier that we both forgot.

· Mil: Oh, okay, (etc other niceities) bye.

FWIW We’ll do dinner sans kids sometime in the next week…maybe. Personally, a good gift at this point in the year would be a couple of days of intense planning time for next school year. I can cook my own dinner. And for anyone concerned about my mil, I am too. I just can’t tell what she was told and if she fully understood it, what she is holding back (has done that before) and what she forgot – so if they call her back for any other appointments based on this one that she tells me about, I’ll see if I can go with her.

That sounds a lot like how our house has been for several years now.

We talked about Father's Day for an entire week. The Saturday before FD was crazy. We got up on Sunday and went to church. After the service, a friend of mine was telling us what they were doing that afternoon for FD. After saying, "Oh, it's Father's Day?!?," I turned to DH and said, "Happy Father's Day!" He just grinned at me. :D

I know it must have sounded bad to her, but we really had plans to celebrate. We have had so many holidays like this because we have so many days like the one you described. It's a good thing we can laugh about it! ;)

That sounds a lot like how our house has been for several years now.

We talked about Father's Day for an entire week. The Saturday before FD was crazy. We got up on Sunday and went to church. After the service, a friend of mine was telling us what they were doing that afternoon for FD. After saying, "Oh, it's Father's Day?!?," I turned to DH and said, "Happy Father's Day!" He just grinned at me. :D

I know it must have sounded bad to her, but we really had plans to celebrate. We have had so many holidays like this because we have so many days like the one you described. It's a good thing we can laugh about it! ;)

:lol: Everyday!

It's our anniversary today too. :001_smile: Both of us remembered but remembering just meant saying "Happy anniversary dear" to each other. There have been times when we've celebrated more but a busy Tuesday is just not the time.

:001_smile::D It was a great day!! Many happy returns!