Menu

Latin curriculum with many texts, stories, and translation?

Mandarinmom

Latin Prep is secular and has lots of translation passages. There's a sample here. I wouldn't recommend it for younger children as it ramps up fairly fast. I also wouldn't recommend it for self-teaching, except with an unusually enthusiastic child - I found it very important to keep track of what my boys were learning and to ensure that they kept up-to-date with their memorisation. I have happy memories of sitting on the sofa massaging Calvin's feet while he translated orally from English to Latin.

Have you looked at Lively Latin? I haven't used it, but it's often recommended for pupils who are a bit too young for Latin Prep.

Laura

Minimus and Minimus secondus is a favorite here. We also tried Learning Latin through mythology which my kids didn't like, but which is independent and has translations. I think Cambridge also had a lot of translations to do. We like Latin Prep too, but I'd save it for a later year. It goes fast!