Menu

Do I need a Facebook account?

I see several here have one. I love tinkering around with the computer and I have a blog, web site, post here and have a home site at some places like a new diet I just started site. My dc's have a MyPraize account.

Just wondering what it is and how it is used before I set one up.

I love Facebook! I'm very picky about who I add as a friend and so feel much more free to share personal info, pictures, etc than I do on my blog, twitter, or plurk. I have my security settings very tight--you can't see me unless you're my friend. I don't share my info with my networks or friends of friends.

It's been wonderful reconnecting with people I haven't seen in years. I love seeing their pictures and reading their status updates. I'm not so much into the applications, though I do have a few like Scrabbulous and Pandora.

Try it, I bet you'll find some long lost friends!

Sounds cool. How do you figure out which old friends are on there?

When you sign on, you can have it look through your email address book and see if there is anyone who is already on facebook. You can also search by the high school and/or college you attended. Once you have a few friends, you can look through their friends to see if there's anyone else you may know, your friends can suggest friends for you, and facebook itself will suggest people you may know.

I didn't think I would be into Internet social networking, but I love Facebook.

You can look up friends using your email address book, but for those long lost people, you can enter your high school and college information and find your classmates (your graduating year and others). Plus you can browse your friends' friends, search by name, employer (for coworkers) etc. Facebook even suggests people you may know based on your current friends.

If you have friends that you see or that you keep in touch with facebook can be fun. I had an old friend from where we used to live talk me into starting an account, now I see what all my old friends are doing and it makes me more lonely. I don't visit as much as would if I had more people from my area on my account.