Menu

Daughter has blisters on her chin? Should I be freaking out?

Its just a small area on her chin that is red and blistered? Almost looks like a severe sunburn but its just in that spot. She said it doesn't hurt at all. Im clueless!

My mom took her to a pool yesterday and she got a little red under her eyes but shes not even sensitive today?

Just wondering if this could be a big deal or if we should just let it heal on its own?

Its just a small area on her chin that is red and blistered? Almost looks like a severe sunburn but its just in that spot. She said it doesn't hurt at all. Im clueless!

My mom took her to a pool yesterday and she got a little red under her eyes but shes not even sensitive today?

Just wondering if this could be a big deal or if we should just let it heal on its own?

Impetigo? Better check it out. It is highly contagious.

Or it could be sunburn...

If she's prone to cold sores on her lips, it may be a cold sore n her chin. I've been prone to cold sores my whole life and would often get them on my chin in the Summer if I got a slight burn.

However, if she's not, I would take her to the doc and see if she could have picked something up at the pool.

Yeah the impetigo has me a little freaked. I looked into it and saw some pictures.. hers is much more mild and barely red at all. I washed it, put on antibiotic oinment and covered it.. I will be checking it soon and if it looks the slightest bit worse we will be going to get it checked.

I reeeally hope its nothing bad. She has sensitive skin anyway.. veryyy prone to eczema and burns so easy. The only thing that makes me worry is she says it doesnt hurt. That doesn't sound like sunburn.

My dd gets little staph bumps on her chin. She is also prone to cold sores and I've wondered if they are related. Anyway, the doctor gave us a Mupirocin prescription. But, even OTC antibiotic ointment clears them up very quickly. By the next day, they are much better or gone...with treatment.

Thank you all so much for the advice, its not totally healed but looks much better today. Yesterday I washed it, applied antibiotic ointment and a band aid.. today the blisters are gone and the skin just looks a little irriated. So hopefully tomorrow it will be cleared up.

Thank you all!

If it cleared up with antibiotic ointment, then it may be impetigo. Change her sheets, pillow case, and toothbrush and watch out for strep in your other children. My youngest gets impetigo, and even when I catch it as soon as I see it and put the antibiotic ointment on it my middle son still gets strep within a few days. It is annoying.

ETA: It sounds scary, but do not stress about it. Even when my son was immune compromised it was nothing more than a nuisance.

Edited by dwkilburn1

If it cleared up with antibiotic ointment, then it may be impetigo. Change her sheets, pillow case, and toothbrush and watch out for strep in your other children. My youngest gets impetigo, and even when I catch it as soon as I see it and put the antibiotic ointment on it my middle son still gets strep within a few days. It is annoying.

ETA: It sounds scary, but do not stress about it. Even when my son was immune compromised it was nothing more than a nuisance.

It does sound very scary! lol I was hoping and praying thats not what it was.. The blisters never ruptured or anything.. Neosporin cleared it up over night but I wont be totally happy until its gone.. for good.:001_smile: