Menu

So much for being bored. Went to the library

and the older kids were fine and had a great time. The 3 and 5 yo , well mostly the 3 yo, drove me batty. I am exahusted LOL and I bet the librarian was glad to see us leave. I used to take the older kids every week, but with built in babysitters I have gotten spoiled!

I am sure he will get used to it the more we go, but how much energy does a 3 yo boy have? :D

What did YOU get at the library? Did you find anything fun, or were you just chasing your little guy the whole time?

(Don't tell anyone, but there are none of the CM books I wanted at the library so I'm thinking about checking out some Janet Evanovich. I can't remember who recommended her books as funny, but I read one on my trip to WI last week and it was hysterical! I am in a homeschool planning (or lack thereof) dither so Stephanie Plum novels sound like just the ticket, LOL!)

:D

What did YOU get at the library? Did you find anything fun, or were you just chasing your little guy the whole time?

(Don't tell anyone, but there are none of the CM books I wanted at the library so I'm thinking about checking out some Janet Evanovich. I can't remember who recommended her books as funny, but I read one on my trip to WI last week and it was hysterical! I am in a homeschool planning (or lack thereof) dither so Stephanie Plum novels sound like just the ticket, LOL!)

I grabbed 2 fluff books for myself off a table by the book check out. I have no idea if I will like them or not, but I had to get him out of there LOL! I did see a sign @ the book discussion club and they meet once a month, so I am going to try to join that. alone. lol.

Your secret is safe :D

I :001_wub: Evanovich. I also love Grafton's alphabet series, but Stephanie Plum's gramma sends me into gales of laughter. I mean, there are times when I am reading it at night, after lights out, and DH asks me if I'm ok. I'm laughing so hard the bed is shaking. There was one instance where her gramma was in a band, with leather shorts and farting. There was an instance where gramma tried to get the coffin open at the funeral home to see the body and I think it fell off it's podium, and then they set the funeral home on fire one time. Her gramma is a h*rny, Ornery, little devil and freakin' hilarious! laughing025.gif

And then there's Ranger sex023.gif

I :001_wub: Evanovich. I also love Grafton's alphabet series, but Stephanie Plum's gramma sends me into gales of laughter. I mean, there are times when I am reading it at night, after lights out, and DH asks me if I'm ok. I'm laughing so hard the bed is shaking. There was one instance where her gramma was in a band, with leather shorts and farting. There was an instance where gramma tried to get the coffin open at the funeral home to see the body and I think it fell off it's podium, and then they set the funeral home on fire one time. Her gramma is a h*rny, Ornery, little devil and freakin' hilarious! laughing025.gif

And then there's Ranger sex023.gif

>>>

I like Ranger too :).

It is exhausting to go to the library with a 3yo, I don't care how much help you have, there is no way to relax and look at books.

I should have known I was in trouble when my first born was about 3, we went to the grand opening of our brand new library and needed to fill out an *accident report*. :blushing: (My little darling had shaken the video stand and got clunked in the head, cutting her forehead and oh the screams...)

My next two kids are only slightly better.

Hugs to you.

:grouphug:

-Dana

It is exhausting to go to the library with a 3yo, I don't care how much help you have, there is no way to relax and look at books.

I should have known I was in trouble when my first born was about 3, we went to the grand opening of our brand new library and needed to fill out an *accident report*. :blushing: (My little darling had shaken the video stand and got clunked in the head, cutting her forehead and oh the screams...)>l>>

After my now dd7 turned 1 I refused to take her to the library with me until she was 4.5. It wasn't worth the stress. I've been lucky in that I haven't had to take my ds2 lately because it isn't fun when he's there.

I should have known I was in trouble when my first born was about 3, we went to the grand opening of our brand new library and needed to fill out an *accident report*. :blushing: (My little darling had shaken the video stand and got clunked in the head, cutting her forehead and oh the screams...)

My next two kids are only slightly better.

Hugs to you.

:grouphug:

-Dana

Oh, no! LOL Good thing they are so cute! :D

After my now dd7 turned 1 I refused to take her to the library with me until she was 4.5. It wasn't worth the stress. I've been lucky in that I haven't had to take my ds2 lately because it isn't fun when he's there.

I think I might leave him home next time and try again when he is a bit older. I really wanted to take my time and find some stuff for me and ended up just skipping it. But I do know the more we go the better he will get and I want him to love the library.

Awww, Jean. Does your library have an online ordering option? It is the greatest -- all my books are ready at the desk when I arrive!

Today, I went to the library and checked out "Watership Down." I'm bringing it on our camping trip!

Try again soon!

I took my then 3 year old and was supervising him closely (honest!) and before I could even blink he swept the entire contents of a shelf of books off onto the floor. . . I wanted an invisibility cape! That is when I bought my toddler leash. (I don't care if it got me dirty looks and comments that I was treating my child like a dog - it kept him safe and me out of the dog house!)

Awww, Jean. Does your library have an online ordering option? It is the greatest -- all my books are ready at the desk when I arrive!

Today, I went to the library and checked out "Watership Down." I'm bringing it on our camping trip!

Try again soon!

They do and I didn't think of that. I could order my books and have them ready and then spend time in the children's section with them looking @ without worry. Great idea, thanks!

I took my then 3 year old and was supervising him closely (honest!) and before I could even blink he swept the entire contents of a shelf of books off onto the floor. . . I wanted an invisibility cape! That is when I bought my toddler leash. (I don't care if it got me dirty looks and comments that I was treating my child like a dog - it kept him safe and me out of the dog house!)

Ohno! I can see my guy doing the same thing :D