Menu

but you are going to go to a REAL doctor, right?

How exciting to be in control of your own L&D! If I were having anymore babies, I would definitely have a homebirth.It was three, quick and 'easy', non-complicated deliveries at the hospital with a MW for me. KNowing what I know now, and being more confident in my bodies ability to do it, I would totally do it at home. But, alas, no more babies for me. Congratulations!

People can't fathom that 2 people will look at the same exact article/video/research and come out with different conclusions, even on a message board about homeschooling which has the same exact tension between mothers on the subject, they just simply cannot accept that others choose another route.

My BIL just had his baby at a hospital and though the birth process is not what I would have wanted for myself, I was able to experience the environment. I declared that for the safety of the nurses/staff/doctor, it was best that I had or will stay home to birth so that I would not be in litigation for some strange act I may possibly commit against someone trying or doing something against my will.

Hopefully those naysayers about now are thinking we are crazy as heck and will drop it!

I have so been there~ :grouphug: It's so hard to be questioned constantly.

Two homebirths later my parents don't say anything. I don't know if they like it, but they at least don't discuss it.

I would never ever have it any other way now after having 2 wonderful homebirths (and 2 very horrible hospital births before that).

I loved my midwives and can't wait to do it again this December.