Menu

Bonus Room Seating and Sleeping Ideas

Can anyone give me some really cheap ideas for seating and sleeping in a bonus room? We have a room that has become the junk/storage room, and I want to turn it into an entertainment room (TV, Foosball table we own, etc.). Can anyone give me some really cheap ideas for seating and possibly even something to sleep on? I also have an issue that the stairwell makes a 90 degree turn near the top of the stairs, so it's got to be easy to get up there, too.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Agree that you might want to check out IKEA. Another idea is a good quality futon. You can go cheaper on the frame but you'll be glad you paid extra for the mattress. We got one about 10 years ago and though it has gotten less use in the last 2 years (since we moved it to our bonus room) it is still very comfy for sitting and sleeping.

Oh another idea. A friend of ours did this for guests: bought a queen sized air mattress and laid it on top of 6 or 8 Rubbermaid bins set in a rectangle. They had no storage space--hence the Rubbermaid bins--and didn't want to invest in more furniture--hence the air mattress. We actually used this and it was fine for a couple of nights.

Thank you all for the ideas. I looked around some online and think we;re going to have to forgo something for sleeping. We might can add something later. If the kids want friends over and to sleep up there, they could always bring sleeping bags. Walmart has saucer chairs for just $20. I think we might put a couple in there for now and that be it for seating. We've had a lot of extra expenses lately, but I had saved a little money specifically for this room. I want to keep my word to the kids. They are going to help some with it, too.