Menu

Dr. Hive--sinus infection or something else? Maybe a little tmi

About three weeks ago I had a cold. The cold is gone, but one side of my nose is still stuffed up. It is completely clogged and won't clear up. Is this a sinus infection, maybe? Or does it sound like something else? Either way, does anyone have any home remedy suggestions?

tia.

Neti pot, X-clear nasal spray, take Sudafed and Mucinex. The neti pot will irrigate (use warm salt water), the X-Clear helps with infection (and it does sting at first, but worth it in the end), and the Sudafed/Mucinex combination helps drain out what the other two can't get. Drink lots of water and get the tissues ready.

ETA: Just remembered that Source Naturals Colloidal Silver Nose Spray helps w/infection as well.

Neti pot, X-clear nasal spray, take Sudafed and Mucinex. The neti pot will irrigate (use warm salt water), the X-Clear helps with infection (and it does sting at first, but worth it in the end), and the Sudafed/Mucinex combination helps drain out what the other two can't get. Drink lots of water and get the tissues ready.

ETA: Just remembered that Source Naturals Colloidal Silver Nose Spray helps w/infection as well.

:iagree: 100%.

Thank you for all those suggestions. The only thing I have in the house tonight is Mucinex (which I had forgotten about). So I will start with that tonight and do a shopping trip tomorrow.