Menu

RS4K Biology, SL3 Science, or NOEO science for my 9 yo ds?

DB in NJ

For my 5th grader, we're using RS4K Biology. I loved the idea behind NOEO, but didn't like their spine. So, I'm using RS4K as a spine. Since dd is very interested in animals, we're going to use several living books about animals this year. I will also be using the Magic School Bus science kit for a brief intro to anatomy. All of that together will give us a full year of elementary biology.

If you like NOEO's books, I would go with that. It's all laid out for you. I think SL3 science, though good, would be drier than NOEO.

Blessings,

Laura

I'm doing something similar as Laura W for my fifth grader. I'm starting with RS4k Biology and building a years worth of science from that using the 5th grade suggestions in WTM. It's not in the same order as SWB has listed, but it should work. I just started lining up readings in How Nature Works and the Kingfisher Science book with RS4K and expanding the others for the extra weeks and will add more experiments, activities and books to make it 36 weeks.

I would chose Noeo because of all the great books, the kits and the notebooking.

If I wasn't doing my own thing this year, that's what I would do. :D

RS4k is nice, but like others have said, it's pretty short. I also don't like working through just one text for elementary science.

SL science was for our family, like another poster said, more dry.