Menu

trying to pick out a writing(cursive) curriculum

armom

I have narrowed my selection down to Cheerful cursive or Pentime Cursive. Can someone give me there opinions on these different writing programs. I did not like HWOT this year and I did not like the looks of A Reason for Handwriting. I have three children I will be have learning to write cursive.

I've used Cheerful Cursive with my oldest two. It worked well for my daughter, but not so for my son. HWT worked better for him. I'm not familiar with the other program you mentioned.

Cheerful Cursive does a good job of helping the children learn to read cursive, and it has a Christian perspective ... both bonuses for me! :001_smile:

I love the font of Pentime. The cursive starts in grade 2 and goes all the way to grade 8. My older daughter thinks the inspirational notes and copywork is laughable, but both my kids have developed very pretty handwriting, so it doesn't really matter to me. Plus they're cheap!

We used Cheerful Cursive and were very happy with it. The letter were introduced in a logical order according to how they are formed, there is just enough repetition of the letters to keep it fresh in their minds, and they even have some grammar added in along the way:) If you have a cheap copier you can also copy the book for members of your immediate family.