Menu

Pregnacy Test Experts: Please help!

I'm pretty sure I'm late (I'm horrible about keeping track) even though dh and I were careful. I've been smelling things I don't usually smell/aren't expecting to smell and the 3-4 lbs of bloating that happens before my period isn't there.

My friend is bringing over a test for me. But she's not going to be here for a while, and I kinda gotta go. My question is if I pee in a cup and save it will it still "work" an hour or so later?

You know how they say if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans? I think I've been doing a bit too much of that lately. :tongue_smilie:

TIA!

ETA: I got my period today, four very stressful days later.

Edited by theYoungerMrsWarde

I've been pregnant four times, and I never used the first morning urine to test the first time. I usually tested at night, got a positive, either squealed with joy or freaked out, and then waited until morning and tested again. :D

As to saving the urine, I don't know. I just wanted to say that it doesn't have to be the first morning urine. Good luck!

I've been pregnant four times, and I never used the first morning urine to test the first time. I usually tested at night, got a positive, either squealed with joy or freaked out, and then waited until morning and tested again. :D

As to saving the urine, I don't know. I just wanted to say that it doesn't have to be the first morning urine. Good luck!

I took an expired test last night that was negative, so I want to be extra sure. Ds#1 was an evening test, but I was further along because I didn't realize how late I was. Ds#2 we kept testing every other morning or so because we just knew we were preggers, and we were testing kind of early.

Scary thing: Ds5 a couple of minutes ago started talking about a baby inside of me and I was pretty sure dh and I had been discrete about talking about it, only using the "p" word instead of the "b" word. :confused:

I agree w/ those who say it doesn't have to be first morning urine. With this pregnancy i tested w/ very diluted evening urine. I thought I was testing a few days late, but according to my u/s dates it turned out I got my positive 4 days early! It was clear and dark, unmistakable. Good luck!