Menu

Help me find the right math program...

momto2Cs

Fo my dd9. Her brother (age 11) is returning to Teaching Textbooks, but dd does not want to do that, as she dislikes computer instruction.

What I am looking for:

• Something visually based with a clear layout, maybe colorful, but not a lot of manipulatives, which she dislikes for some reason or other
  • Not horrendously expensive
  • On a 3rd-4th grade level, as she is sort of between grades
  • Mastery based or spiral would be fine!

I do have Math Mammoth on hand... maybe I should just stick with that. I also have a couple of the Evan Moore Skill Sharpeners books. Hmmm.

Ideas?

We've just switched to Math-U-See and my boys are loving it. There's only blocks for manipulatives and it's very visual. The blocks are colorful but the worksheets are not. But they use the blocks to solve the worksheets. I like teaching with the video because I can pause it and make sure my boys understand the concept before we move on. It works on mastery. In fact that's a big point that they drive home in the beginning. Do not move on until the concept is mastered. Good luck!