Menu

How long do you give someone to get back to your phone call and/or email?

I voice mailed and emailed a School Principal inquiring about whether or not they had room in one of their grades for the fall school year.

I did this 24 hours ago.

The school office is open - the secretary answered the phone and put me to voice mail. The website says their summer hours are every day of the week 9-1pm.

I am really horribly impatient with this kind of stuff especially as I REALLY need an answer quickly.

Help me out -- I don't want to be a pain, but I need an answer from this individual.

How long do you wait?

While the school may be open, the principal may not actually be there. Summer is vacation time, and it is also when most inservices are available and the administration is dealing with renovations, hiring, and more. He may be out on other school related business much of the time as well. Principals are actually incredably busy in the summer, around here anyway. Talk to the secretary and ask her when a better time to call would be. Ask her to personally give him a message, or ask her if there is someone else you should be talking to.

Just because the office is open doesn't mean that all of the staff is present. They often take their vacations in the summer like the rest of the school population. I would ask the secretary when the principal will be in and then, if need be, find out if there is anyone else you can talk to about the situation.