Menu

Great. I just got a letter from the city that a sex offender moved in next door.

Well, that is not a rape charge. It can be difficult to determine from that charge exactly what he did. It can also be very difficult to prove charges when a victim is that young. PLENTY of juries won't believe 3 year old children in court and a DA will take what they can get. The idea being better something than letting him walk.

No, he pled down. I talked to the police officer and he said that with this type of conviction sexual assault was going to occur or did occur but it was too difficult to prove. Plus the guy is supposedly developmentally delayed.

Mr. Neighborhood busybody visited them with cookies before we found out all this and he felt the guy was not dev. delayed. I don't know but he's in his 30s. NBB thinks that there is another guy that is more dangerous than the sex offender.

Still only 1 year? :glare:

Is the landlord running a halfway house? Sounds like it. I get a call every now and then from someone wanting to do this exact thing. They get government funds, guaranteed rent will be paid because the government pays it. If this is so, I would pursue a legal opinion, or at least the opinion of the city when you or a neighbor gets the local news involved.