Menu

My DD offered to homeschool one of her friends

Or, more specifically, she volunteered to let her friend come homeschool with us :).:lol:

One of my friends/her friend's mother was asking about suggestions for things she could do at home with her 7 yr old, just finished 1st grade DD this summer. My DD suggested that they could come over once a week and we could make math and reading games, do science projects, cook lunch, and then go on field trips in the afternoon, since her regular co-op isn't meeting for the summer :).

I think her friend's mother was expecting a website or maybe a workbook suggestion-she was definitely a little bemused to have this 7 yr old talking to her seriously about homeschooling. But anyway, we're going to try it this week-and DD is happily working on her plans for her little co-op-and suggesting other people we should invite. DD's absolutely THRILLED that her friend is going to be "homeschooled like me for the summer!".

I guess that's how you know homeschooling has been successful??

So far she's picked several books about frogs to read, a frog jump skip counting math game, a life cycle activity about frogs, and wants to make and decorate cookies (and I assume I need to find a frog cookie cutter :). Of course, the fact that we have two tadpoles and five froglets in an aquarium and terrarium might have something to do with her decision on that theme.

Say...I wonder if I could send her friend home with a frog or two? The plan HAD been to turn them loose when they'd lost their tails, but DD is reluctant because "they're so little and cute-they're just BABIES!!!".