Menu

Kindergarten Homeschooling Plans

Bloggermom

This will be my 4th and last time to teach Kindergarten... I am really looking forward to a fun year with my little girl :) McKenzee just turned 4, but is definitely Kindergarten ready...

* PHONICS: OPGTTR; ETC

* GRAMMAR: FLL 1

* SPELLING: AAS 1

* HANDWRITING: A Reason for Handwriting A

* READING/LITERATURE: Now I'm Reading Books and Level 1+ Books {depending on how much she progresses}; Literature Units {include hand on projects/crafts... FIAR style}

* MATH: Living Math Approach using Math Start Books, Manipulatives, Games {20 concepts to be mastered plus read/write/recognize numbers through 100}

* SCIENCE: Life Science (Evan Moor ScienceWorks 1-3; Living Books; Experiments/Projects); Big Bag of Science

* HISTORY: American History 1492-Present (Living Books; Timeline; Hands on Projects) - will include Presidents/Famous Americans

* GEOGRAPHY: Evan Moor Beginning Geography; Little Passports/Galloping the Globe/Children Just Like Me; United States study; Holidays; Community Helpers

* ART: Artist Studies; Evan Moor How To Teach Art To Children; Art Lab; Seasonal/Theme Art Projects

* MUSIC: Composer Studies; Listening to classical music

* POETRY: Poet Studies; Memorize/Recite 6 Poems

* PE: Understanding rules/skills for various sports; Famous Athletes; Gymnastics/Swimming lessons

* LANGUAGES: Spanish; Sign Language (to many materials to list them... lol)

* BIBLE: Bible Verse Memorization; Leading Little Ones To God; Bible Stories with crafts/projects

* LOGIC: Lolllipop Logic; Mental Games/Puzzles

Plus LOTS and LOTS of additional fun motor skill activities to keep her happy and busy :)

Bug is a K-er this year. He has been doing school with us for a couple of years (because he begged) so this year is just a continuation of a lot of things for him. His individual work is as follows:

Math- Saxon/Miquon hybrid, math play and games

English- HWOT, alphabet adventures, phonics activites

Logic- games, puzzles, fine motor skill building activities

He will also continue to participate with his siblings for science, history, art, music, geography, and read alouds, as well as having access to the activity/learning baskets on our shelves.

Edited by BLA5

We started this Monday. DD turns five in September. We're doing the stuff in the sig. Later, we will also do Draw Write Now if time allows once a week. We may add Songschool Spanish and maybe Lolliepop Logic if he wants to do more later on.

We are doing the following!

Math: Singapore 1a/b w/ Rightstart B (Miquon on side)

Phonics: OPGTR - should finish this year

Spelling: AAS - should finish level 1 and do level 2

Handwriting: A Reason for Handwriting A

Bible/Science/History: Heart of Dakota- LHFHG + ER's + Beautiful Feet's American History

Art: Taking turns between Meet the Masters and Artistic Pursuits

Interesting video, though I still have no idea how you get from point A (kindergarten) to point B (college at 16). That sounds insane to me :D and I can't picture how that can be done. I am curious how this can be accomplished though in our house this type of thing wouldn't be possible because we have to meet NY State requirements with subjects and things so I don't think they'd look kindly on major deviations from a normal school schedule.

With my new K-er we are doing ETC books, Bob books, MCP Math, Handwriting, and reading. She might also listen in on some things her brothers are doing, but that's my focus for her for this year.