Menu

Has anyone seen the Lightening Lit. for 1st?

I'm curious to see what others here think about this program!

Would anyone have any suggestions on what to use with it? I was planning to use FLL1, WWE1,(maybe WWW1), AAS, VP mixed with Sonlight readers.....if I choose to use LL1, what should I eliminate?

Thank you as always!

Edited by Murrayshire

I think it looks good and plan to use it. But I really can't help you much with what to eliminate (if anything.) I'm not using any of those programs. I would think you could eliminate FLL 1. I would hesitate to say WWE 1 if you are planning to use the higher levels. From what I've heard WWE is a program where you begin at the beginning and work through at the student's pace. I've never even seen WWW, but isn't that another writing program? If it is something you could jump into at any level then I would think you could eliminate that for first grade as well.

For first grade language arts we are using:

Oak Meadow 1

Pentime handwriting book 1B

(possibly) Lightning Literature 1

Read alouds

I saw it just to see how it was laid out. I don't plan on using it, but I am hoping that they come out with other elementary Lit guides. I have experience with the high school Lit guides and was very pleased. I think the 1st grade Lit guide looks really nice.

I'm curious to see what others here think about this program!

Would anyone have any suggestions on what to use with it? I was planning to use FLL1, WWE1,(maybe WWW1), AAS, VP mixed with Sonlight readers.....if I choose to use LL1, what should I eliminate?

Thank you as always!

If I already all that, I would not add LL1.

If I had LL1 and wanted to fold in some of those, I would start with which books you already have on hand.

Also a note for others. The worksheets don't configure properly when you try to print double sided. Just an FYI. The back side always comes out upside down. Which was a rather disgruntling discovery when I set them to print and came back to a 100 pages 1/2 backwards. :glare: Oh well.